Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Too much or not enough?
Too much. You cant just shoot people, even if they're in your neighbor's house 22 43.14%
Not enough. We need crime to stop by any means necessary 29 56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #111
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsongjen View Post
because hes a human. im sure no one would like the feeling that they took a life.

Tell that to some of the sick bastards that suicide bomb innocent people everyday or to people that took ears & noses for trophies in wars.

For all the people that may feel bad taking a life there are plenty of others that could care less. It's breathing to them.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #112
k9ziggy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
i just sent ya a PM, i went to college there and know a guy who worked in the police station!
Cool. It's not showing up yet. I'll keep checking.
k9ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #113
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9ziggy View Post
Tell them I said to stay safe. They are brave individuals.

And tell 'em to stop sending' their bad guys our way!

In certain areas here it's like Lebanon! It's falling apart from lack of officers and illegal guns on every corner.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #114
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Thank you. Anyone who says "I would have done the same thing" better think twice before they come out their front door with guns ablazin'.

My No. 1 point is that shotgun guy could have handled this situation differently and SHOULD have handled it differently. And I'm glad that Joe Horn now agrees with this.
like i said in my other post neil. its not somethin i could do, let alone hold a gun. i just agree that he had every right to do so. and esp if it was my home my "imaginary husband" would have every right imo.
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #115
k9ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Tell that to some of the sick bastards that suicide bomb innocent people everyday or to people that took ears & noses for trophies in wars.

For all the people that may feel bad taking a life there are plenty of others that could care less. It's breathing to them.
Endsong Jen and you are actually both correct. Jen's correct in the sense of the normal, average everyday person. But you are VERY accurate with a small portion of the population who does not have an attachment to reality. Serial killers for instance.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #116
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
like i said in my other post neil. its not somethin i could do, let alone hold a gun. i just agree that he had every right to do so. and esp if it was my home my "imaginary husband" would have every right imo.
I just don't believe he had "every right" to do so, Jen, when his life and property were not threatened. Using lethal force when he wasn't threatened until he ran out of the house with a shotgun? I don't believe that was the smartest course of action.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #117
k9ziggy

Quote:
In certain areas here it's like Lebanon! It's falling apart from lack of officers and illegal guns on every corner.
Nice. The wife and I are spending the holiday in your fine city, mainly to get away from our neighbors and their party. The fireworks get to be like Viet Nam in their back yard.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #118
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

i know this. in my eyes theyre like robots, not human. no feeling. theyre trained and raised to be that way, etc. that or theyre just sick bastards. im pretty sure that the only way id ever get close t taking a life is if someone hurt my daughter intentionally. god help him/her.
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #119
k9ziggy

Quote:
Jen, the problem is that it wasn't his home, and he wasn't threatened until he put himself there.

I like to say "Help me help you". Use some common sense. If it was his house......fire away. If he was threatened.....fire away.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #120
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Tell that to some of the sick bastards that suicide bomb innocent people everyday or ***to people that took ears & noses for trophies in wars.****
I hate it, but unfortunately some Americans have been in this group.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote