Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-22-2022, 11:10 AM   #111
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This is them keeping the prices as low as possible without paying the customer to take the statue. Trust me.

For me, I trust this. I know TH is trying their best to keep the prices low. I, for one, have no bad feelings toward TH regarding the price of this 1/4 version.

Unfortunately, based on the price, I have to decide for myself if I really want this. And I'll be honest, I look forward to the next piece TH will bring out.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #112
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
This is them keeping the prices as low as possible without paying the customer to take the statue. Trust me.
Another case where transparency would be nice. No one comes out and says "factories cost more, materials cost more, licenses cost more, shipping costs more, taxes (tariffs) cost more" so often all collectors think is "piece X was $, piece Y is $$, company making piece Y is greedy!" in the vacuum. I know companies struggle dealing with this community, I wish there was a way to talk without it feeling toxic to good folks like Chad.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #113
SDguy

TH has already stated numerous times in their emails that production costs have gone up, shipping costs have gone up, etc. How much more transparent do you expect? No company is going to post their actual numbers publicly LOL. Even if they did, to what end? We the consumers then decide what an exact acceptable profit number is per piece? Per Line?

I think we just have to make the decision on what's acceptable for each of us, based on the info we have, and move on.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #114
grphyx1
Kingpin

If you want a gauge of how prices have shot up, try shipping one of your 1/4 scale statues. Nutz
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:53 PM   #115
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
TH has already stated numerous times in their emails that production costs have gone up, shipping costs have gone up, etc. How much more transparent do you expect? No company is going to post their actual numbers publicly LOL. Even if they did, to what end? We the consumers then decide what an exact acceptable profit number is per piece? Per Line?

I think we just have to make the decision on what's acceptable for each of us, based on the info we have, and move on.
Ultimately I agree, it's a hobby and we accept or grumble, and decide.

In terms of what I'm curious about. What goes into a piece and prices. Why is one piece so much more than another. Harley and Wonder Woman seem reasonable to me, in line with Sideshow PFs. Why is Joker so much more? I'm sure there is a reason like "Hey, the material and paint here is significantly more than those other pieces because of this aspect of the piece". I think we have this internal calculator on the market based on factors and when something doesn't synch up we wonder why.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #116
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
If you want a gauge of how prices have shot up, try shipping one of your 1/4 scale statues. Nutz
I ship stuff every day. I'm aware of that, makes doing business with west coast much harder. Also makes me debate buying more from LCS if possible as went from $30 savings to $80 these days (especially online shops charging tax).
Old 04-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #117
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

In terms of what I'm curious about. What goes into a piece and prices. Why is one piece so much more than another. Harley and Wonder Woman seem reasonable to me, in line with Sideshow PFs. Why is Joker so much more? I'm sure there is a reason like "Hey, the material and paint here is significantly more than those other pieces because of this aspect of the piece". I think we have this internal calculator on the market based on factors and when something doesn't synch up we wonder why.
I think it's the size of the boxes (way fewer pieces per shipping container).

And that this one went up way after the 1/6. Don't know what all is involved, but Joker supposedly arrives next quarter. Imagine it will be much less efficient to add 500 statues now than from the start.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #118
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I ship stuff every day. I'm aware of that, makes doing business with west coast much harder. Also makes me debate buying more from LCS if possible as went from $30 savings to $80 these days (especially online shops charging tax).
I was also thinking about any future Tweeterhead statues I want by going through my LCBS. I do need to ask them again since if they are able to order directly through Sideshow or will they have to go through Diamond and get it that way through Sideshow. I know that they did say something about ordering through Sideshow directly you have to have an account and order so much I believe. My LCBS does not order statues to have as part of their inventory and will only do special orders for customers.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #119
SDguy

Quote:

Well, I suppose PCS sort of did that recently, when they stated they paid for the extra good paint job on Pumpkinhead, so that's partly why he costs so much ("so much" of course being relatively funny compared to prices ATM). Not sure if it helped or hurt the price point complaint, but I guess we'll see how the end result ends up.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:33 PM   #120
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Prices are crazy....

Even with the throne having so much detail, it is more than twice as much as the 1/6 scale.... Prime 1 has a better alternative in my opinion....

$1499.00 1/3 scale

$1250.00 1/4 scale

These both look good. I have no desire for a 1/3 Joker though.

I?m torn on this 1/4 Joker. I want it. But I don?t think the cost is worth it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote