Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-10-2014, 03:48 AM   #111
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

They need to understand that they're in a business and stop acting like a bunch of teenagers on a high school trip.
I'm not an SSC fanboy, to be honest I might as well drop SSC after the Rage of the Undying, but Arahom's paint does have a lot of flaws and this last NYCC speaks for himself - just take a look at the difference between the statues painted by other artists (Death Dealer, Atlantis) and the ones painted by Arahom.
I give credit where credit is due and I think their Minotaur is awesome, as is their Atlantis this year. But they definitely need to grow a pair, stop b****ing and learn to accept criticism, especially by paying customers.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:40 AM   #112
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Deleted
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #113
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Atlantis was actually painted by Arahom.
Wrong, it's painted by Jim Rowell, even if the credits on the website state otherwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgABezDiuYw

as I said, I give credit where credit goes. The Minotaur was painted by Arahom and it's good. I already explained why, paint app impacts less on characters that do not have a real counterpart, it's the same old thing about why comic characters look spot on while cinema characters' likeness is mostly off. The former does not have a real human counterpart, the latter does. Same here, the Minotaur doesn't have a real existing counterpart to confront so the paint app is reasonable on the subject. Same for Atlantis. Human figures tho, those are something else entirely, and that's the weakest spot for Arahom.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #114
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Even if you are right, that only impacts the solicitations. The production pieces are another matter. They match the prototypes. You can't say that about others.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #115
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I can say that about PCS and XM, to mention two.
Production pieces matching the prototype is not so awesome if the prototype itself has sub par paint application, sad but true.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #116
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I can say that about PCS and XM, to mention two.
Production pieces matching the prototype is not so awesome if the prototype itself has sub par paint application, sad but true.
XM has had one freaking release so far and charge considerably more per piece.

I have doubts you've seen a lot of ARH pieces in person though. I have had no issues with paint app on any of my stuff. We will just agree to disagree.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #117
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

XM had two releases (Cap and Hulk), I've seen Cap in person and I can guarantee on the quality of their work. Four months from now, XM will have a couple more releases and the number of their statues won't be a point anymore. Also, they charge as much as the high end ARH statues (namely, Alexander, Death Dealer, Huntress), and for good reason.

I've seen ARH Leonidas and Angel of Death in person, almost bought the Minotaur before Averone had that brain fart and made me change my mind.
I'm not arguing about the paint app on production pieces, I'm arguing about the paint app at the source.
Explicative example with images:

this

is wrong.
I understand how some people like it. I think it's their business if they like it, good for them.
But that paint app, is amateurish.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #118
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Don't like don't buy, You won't be spending your money. We are.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #119
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

That's a given.
I still have the right to criticize, especially once the company PR goes ballistic, I even have more right to criticize then. I'm not telling you or anybody else how to spend your money, it's your business (and I couldn't care less), I'm just expressing my opinion as many others have before me, with the (vain, at this point) hope that ARH listens and improves.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #120
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
XM had two releases (Cap and Hulk), I've seen Cap in person and I can guarantee on the quality of their work. Four months from now, XM will have a couple more releases and the number of their statues won't be a point anymore. Also, they charge as much as the high end ARH statues (namely, Alexander, Death Dealer, Huntress), and for good reason.

I've seen ARH Leonidas and Angel of Death in person, almost bought the Minotaur before Averone had that brain fart and made me change my mind.
I'm not arguing about the paint app on production pieces, I'm arguing about the paint app at the source.
Explicative example with images:

this

is wrong.
I understand how some people like it. I think it's their business if they like it, good for them.
But that paint app, is amateurish.
Well, this paint app looks like the same as my production Red Sonja...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote