Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
LOL!!

You just read my mind!!!!

THANKS!
LOL... I was posting as you were requesting... I meant to do it earlier but didn't have the time.

I really like the fact that he's looking down. It makes the statue more poetic in a way.

Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #113
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Great sculpt! Paint app can be improved though.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #114
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

Look at the jeans though. They look like real jeans! I'm happy with the paint app.

By the way, the bloody bandages and the army tags are real (not painted/sculpted). And it feels like the claws are made of real metal.

Awesome!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #115
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

dude, awesome add. it looks like your getting the serious custom bug. i got really close to grabbing this and the ice-man, but space is too much of an issue right now.
i'm pretty sure, you're super psyched on the fastball special. modern or classic?
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 AM   #116
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

I understand the space limitation thing. I'm beginning to reach the limits of my own. But there's always creative ways of creating more space.

I prefer the modern on the fastball special, simply because it's a unique take on the characters that hasn't really been done yet (or done well).

And you're right about the custom bug. I've got a custom Gambit on it's way that is sure to be a crowd pleaser, or at least a me pleaser, which is sufficient. I'm also very excited about Bishop. Did you see the very early work in progress pic I posted?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #117
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
I understand the space limitation thing. I'm beginning to reach the limits of my own. But there's always creative ways of creating more space.

I prefer the modern on the fastball special, simply because it's a unique take on the characters that hasn't really been done yet (or done well).

And you're right about the custom bug. I've got a custom Gambit on it's way that is sure to be a crowd pleaser, or at least a me pleaser, which is sufficient. I'm also very excited about Bishop. Did you see the very early work in progress pic I posted?
which gambit did you get? there were two made, one very close to Sideshow, and the action pose.

i agree with modern. i considered grabbing the classic just because you get more chrome, but i do like the modern costume. are you gonna pair this up with that 5ft sentinel

i just posted on that bishop thread, and i'm telling you man, this has extreme potential. now only if we could pressure him to finish so we can get our X-force wolvie
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #118
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

LOL. I've told him to take his time. I would prefer that he do his best work at his own pace. I figured that's the best way to get the most awesome Bishop statue ever made!
The X-force Wolvie will have his day. I can promise you that!

I'm not going anywhere near that 5 foot Sentinel. Not only would I wind up in the poorhouse, but I would be in that house with just the 5 foot Sentinel, since that's all the space I'd have left.

I have opted for the action pose Gambit with the arc of energy and cards sculpted in clear resin. It's going to be soooooooooooooooo sweet!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 AM   #119
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
I'm not going anywhere near that 5 foot Sentinel. Not only would I wind up in the poorhouse, but I would be in that house with just the 5 foot Sentinel, since that's all the space I'd have left.

I have opted for the action pose Gambit with the arc of energy and cards sculpted in clear resin. It's going to be soooooooooooooooo sweet!
that damn robot won't even pay rent. i told my wife i ordered a new security system as my excuse. but i haven't told her the price tag. i just hope his blasters work because there won't be stopping my wife when she sees my credit card. Hell, i don't think a real sentinel could stop her.

glad you went with the action pose. the only thing that bothered me about that was his smile. other wise, very dynamic! can't wait to see it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:00 AM   #120
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
that damn robot won't even pay rent. i told my wife i ordered a new security system as my excuse. but i haven't told her the price tag. i just hope his blasters work because there won't be stopping my wife when she sees my credit card. Hell, i don't think a real sentinel could stop her.

glad you went with the action pose. the only thing that bothered me about that was his smile. other wise, very dynamic! can't wait to see it.
You might have to order 2 then. 2 might stop her
Congrats!