Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #111
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

How long does it usually take for Mondo to ship orders out?
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #112
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You guys should consider hopping on board the "just going to buy what I like" train before you suddenly find yourself with a basement full of pieces which may never see the light of day. These may not be "hot" forever. Also, movie poster revisits appears to have taken off. Before you know it, there could all sorts of companies out there doing the same thing. The word is out, there's money in making movie posters.
That is already coming to fruition. Not to mention knock offs are going to be inevitable and rife with a paper printed collectable that fetches what these do.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #113
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That is already coming to fruition. Not to mention knock offs are going to be inevitable and rife with a paper printed collectable that fetches what these do.
Exactly that's why I don't see the big hype that follow these. Also I don't trust the limited #'s on anything years ago I saw a guy on ebay selling a litho with the exact same # as a litho I already owned. Also whats to keep someone from taking one of these now high dollar pieces to a print shop and having it reproduced then selling them (yeah someone is going to say MOST print shops will say they won't reproduce but trust me a lot don't care).. that's the problem with paper collectibles like lithos and prints IMO too easy to counterfeit.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #114
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
How long does it usually take for Mondo to ship orders out?
Its seems like its been taking 3 to 4 weeks lately.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #115
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
Exactly that's why I don't see the big hype that follow these. Also I don't trust the limited #'s on anything years ago I saw a guy on ebay selling a litho with the exact same # as a litho I already owned. Also whats to keep someone from taking one of these now high dollar pieces to a print shop and having it reproduced then selling them (yeah someone is going to say MOST print shops will say they won't reproduce but trust me a lot don't care).. that's the problem with paper collectibles like lithos and prints IMO too easy to counterfeit.

These aren't your standard posters or prints. They are silk screen so its going to be a lot harder to copy these and make them look authentic.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #116
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Still waiting for the JP print to ship
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #117
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
These aren't something you can just copy. Like Monster pointed out, these are screen printed using paints on specific paper. You'd need to have access to a silk screen facility, the original template or an exact duplicate, the right paper, and you'd have to know the exact type of paint used for each color on the print. If you can manage all of that and make it look authentic.... well sh!t, I may consider buying one since it would essentially be the real deal.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #118
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
These aren't your standard posters or prints. They are silk screen so its going to be a lot harder to copy these and make them look authentic.

This is very true. My framer, who also has these industrial scanners with the bells and whistles, gets requests to reproduce pricey lithos all the time. He says that getting exact replicas aren't possible unless he either gets these super high res files to work with otherwise it'll look like a copy. The silk screen versions are even tougher as the ink is applied one at a time on special paper.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #119
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Who's going to bother copying them anyway. As Ronald said, there would be quite a bit of effort involved for a print that originally sold for $40 ??? Sure the resale can be significantly higher, but I would imagine most 'counterfieters' are going to focus their energies on something that commands a higher price to begin with.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #120
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Who's going to bother copying them anyway. As Ronald said, there would be quite a bit of effort involved for a print that originally sold for $40 ??? Sure the resale can be significantly higher, but I would imagine most 'counterfieters' are going to focus their energies on something that commands a higher price to begin with.
TRUE, Like frankenstein.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote