Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #111
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Damn I still really like this...so expensive ugh
Do it, Spazzy. You know you want to.

It's only money. Worst thing happens, you end up selling it and breaking even.

You'll probably make a profit.

Do it. You need to.

Don't you want to be cool?

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #112
Spazzy
Hercules

Just money...lol not to me

Just a very expensive piece to repaint the dino and add a new base...if it was around $250 I would gladly do it but it's current price is making me very hesitant, I am hoping since not a very popular character I will have plenty of time to decide and see in hand shots
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #113
Spazzy
Hercules

Although spec fictions $390 price isn't too bad...wonder if once released it will be a bit cheaper until sold out
Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #114
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Although spec fictions $390 price isn't too bad...wonder if once released it will be a bit cheaper until sold out
I wouldn't count on it. If you really want this there is a really good chance that could be the best deal you find. Spec Fiction's prices are pretty reasonable and I don't see this having a huge ES.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #115
Spazzy
Hercules

Well I miss out I miss out, $400 seems pretty high even if the detail is sharp, still just a figure with a small outfit and a somewhat big accessory (dino) base is probably costing them a very small amount... easy to compare SS pieces as their detail has gone up immensely especially with Schumacher and Newman and so much going on with their pieces for cheaper or just around the same cost....basically won't lose sleep over this if I miss it.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #116
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Well I miss out I miss out, $400 seems pretty high even if the detail is sharp, still just a figure with a small outfit and a somewhat big accessory (dino) base is probably costing them a very small amount... easy to compare SS pieces as their detail has gone up immensely especially with Schumacher and Newman and so much going on with their pieces for cheaper or just around the same cost....basically won't lose sleep over this if I miss it.
Always cool to see how we each assign value and form decisions. As a collector of Bowen, I had an easier time justifying this purchase. It costs less than two Bowen Shannas (after-market rate) and looks 10 times as spectacular.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #117
Spazzy
Hercules

Bowen has been overpriced for many many years IMO, I don't usually factor in second market value for my possible purchases
Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #118
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I agree that the original reveal with the brown dinosaur looked great but this red one is growing on me too and I really think the final product will look impressive when it gets released next year.

I was going to pass on this one but I've wanted a Shanna since I saw the sold-out Bowen one. Since this one is 1/4 scale and SpecFiction has a nice deal going on, I simply couldn't pass it up this time around.

This has been a busy couple of weeks for me; i'm shuddering to think of what big reveals are going to take place at SDCC this year. :-(
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #119
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

I think I picked up one of the last Bowen Shanna's before they were sold out.

But this GG 1/4 scale looks amazing in sculpt. I agree that the prototype natural brown colour raptor would be more preferable rather than the neon red colour. But I pre-ordered it anyways.
toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #120
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm going to wait and see what she looks like at SDCC. Not fond of the color change. As much as I like the statue a few things are keeping me from ordering.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote