Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #111
gearhead
The Herculoids

Anyone hear if there's going to be a switch out open mouth head for this, like Dog had? Really hope so.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:09 AM   #112
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Anyone hear if there's going to be a switch out open mouth head for this, like Dog had? Really hope so.
Yes, Prime1 confirmed the same question already on FB. Will be like the Dog with an extra stand for the alternative head. That is why I am so exited to see the decent marketing material soon. Hopefully soon!
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #113
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I personally think this looks perfect in every way except for scale.. I wish it was 1/4

IDK may have to go for it anyways.. I have been waiting for the perfect alien piece and this might be it.

From what i know they want to be in 1/4 scale but a lot who bought the Dog alien weren't happy about it even coolprops offer it but Fan want it from Prime1 guess due the final quality.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #114
strigo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
From what i know they want to be in 1/4 scale but a lot who bought the Dog alien weren't happy about it even coolprops offer it but Fan want it from Prime1 guess due the final quality.
I hope they stick to the 1/3 scale. (sorry) Being big is more impactful, and gives more room for artists to add extra detail (hopefully)
strigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #115
Cromulon
Justice League

This one is dope, but he is crouching too much. P1 needs to make his posture a little better lol. If the warrior comes off as shorter, than it is going to look pretty dumb next to Dog Alien and Big Chap.

His posture makes him look like a bad quality control lopsided NECA figure. XD
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #116
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
This one is dope, but he is crouching too much. P1 needs to make his posture a little better lol. If the warrior comes off as shorter, than it is going to look pretty dumb next to Dog Alien and Big Chap.

His posture makes him look like a bad quality control lopsided NECA figure. XD
You did see the movie, right?
Old 10-24-2019, 05:39 PM   #117
superdude
The X-Men

I agree these aliens look best when crouching, but something about this walking-crouch just looks weird to me. And I frankly think Sideshow did a better job pulling off a creepy alien pose with their various statues (even if the detail wasn't close to this level).
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #118
Vader
Ghost

here's another pic of the original prop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aliens-126-1024x700.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	126582  
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #119
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I agree these aliens look best when crouching, but something about this walking-crouch just looks weird to me. And I frankly think Sideshow did a better job pulling off a creepy alien pose with their various statues (even if the detail wasn't close to this level).

Something more like this would've been cool. Current pose looks too much like it'll topple forward due to the weight of the head.

Then again, the one studio shot we've seen of this statue looks much more stable and proportionate. I don't think cellphone shots do this pose any justice as they tend to distort and exaggerate the size of the head.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:40 PM   #120
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

I saw a post on FB that stated, that this Warrior still might be 1/4 scale. Quite confusing now. Anyone else got any fixed data about that statue right now?