Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-20-2022, 02:04 AM   #111
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

I never understood why they need to write what's in the box on the brown box. It's stupid and when we live in an age where it's so easy to steal another's package, that should be looked at. Custom groups do it right.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:18 AM   #112
tgunzz
Doh!

Such an omega piece! Congrats to all that picked it up😆👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7CAB65BA-2D48-418E-8B62-7E3E095DB4E6.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	147022   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1750C6E-F1FB-47FF-A2F6-33D09B5257CA.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	147023  
tgunzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:05 AM   #113
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunzz View Post
Such an omega piece! Congrats to all that picked it up����
Congrats as well.

It’s my second favourite Thanos piece in my collection, after the life size bust. I have all the 2x Iron Studio pieces in 1/4 scale as well as all the 3x 1/6 Hot Toys (I have the Cosbaby’s too ).

The only thing that I don’t like on it is the base. Or rather the dirt/rocky surface part of it. The sculpt and paint just isn’t fine or detailed enough, and it’s in-line with how bad most of the Iron Studio bases are too.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #114
naeser2008
Justice League

So I have seen several videos where there is a piece of scrap metal or something in his hand, is there something in the box for that?

He had something he was rolling around in his hand during that scene, so it looks weird with it being empty in his hand where it clearly should have something there.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #115
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeser2008 View Post
So I have seen several videos where there is a piece of scrap metal or something in his hand, is there something in the box for that?

He had something he was rolling around in his hand during that scene, so it looks weird with it being empty in his hand where it clearly should have something there.
No.

There are a few pieces that you’re supposed to insert into the two bases, but there was never supposed to be anything that went into his hand. So I’m guessing in these videos that you speak of are using one of those instead, maybe because they couldn’t figure out where the piece went. I’m thinking they used the one that went in the sword’s second base as that piece was fairly small.

And in the film, I believe it was a stone that he passed from hand to hand to hand and then to the ground. But they weren’t exactly the clearest shots in the film.

And I’ve had the statue for awhile and I personally never felt anything was missing. Though I did try to put his helmet in that hand and while it was possible it didn’t exactly look natural…..nor secure.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #116
naeser2008
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
No.

There are a few pieces that you?re supposed to insert into the two bases, but there was never supposed to be anything that went into his hand. So I?m guessing in these videos that you speak of are using one of those instead, maybe because they couldn?t figure out where the piece went. I?m thinking they used the one that went in the sword?s second base as that piece was fairly small.

And in the film, I believe it was a stone that he passed from hand to hand to hand and then to the ground. But they weren?t exactly the clearest shots in the film.

And I?ve had the statue for awhile and I personally never felt anything was missing. Though I did try to put his helmet in that hand and while it was possible it didn?t exactly look natural?..nor secure.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I still think he needs something in that hand, maybe a small river rock?
Maybe having him in-hand is different, but that hand just looks un-natural to me in the current pose.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:07 PM   #117
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I still think he needs something in that hand, maybe a small river rock?
Maybe having him in-hand is different, but that hand just looks un-natural to me in the current pose.
Just grab anything small and smooth that you can fit in his hand should work. But I wouldn’t try an actual rock and risk scuffing up the paint.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:46 PM   #118
naeser2008
Justice League

Yeah, I was thinking like a smooth river rock that
has a gloss cost on it, like for a fish tank.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #119
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking like a smooth river rock that
has a gloss cost on it, like for a fish tank.
Okay, that might work.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:53 AM   #120
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got my Thanos in a few weeks ago. I'm pretty happy with him. The centerpiece of my MCU collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ujqriu2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	475.4 KB
ID:	147867   Click image for larger version

Name:	NXHlqsd.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	147868  
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote