Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2023, 03:58 PM   #111
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

good point......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My problem with the grapple gun is that it is bulky and sitting on his leg. That would cut back his movement speed in combat. He looks more like Mad Max in the movie than Batman. Not that there?s anything really wrong with that.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:14 PM   #112
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That would be 99% for me if I followed the Movie-Based Statues Only rule. As I hardly have any movie-based pieces.

Quite the opposite collections, you and I.
I think it's me that has an opposite collection to most of the collectors here, as comic pieces are far more popular.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:33 PM   #113
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
i still own my SS 1/4 scale michael keaton 89 batman and my SS 1/4 scale michelle pfeiffer catwoman. These were actually the very first two 1/4 scale statues I have ever purchased and because of that will hold a very special place for me and will not let them go.

With that said, I did venture out and attempted to get more movie based 1/4 scale statues and ended up getting the wonder woman (gal gadot) version with the switch out arm-shileld and I have to say that this piece broke my confidence. Just as soon as I received it, I turned around and sold it without any remorse. I was so dissappointed with the lack of likeness to gal gadot.

on top of this i think this tainted me away from getting movie version statues now.

the only saving grace i think i came across in the past year or so for SS movie version statues is the jason mamoa aquaman. great likeness in my opinion. but since i don't collect justice league, just batman, i may not find myself getting this either.

so with that I am not so sure i will be pulling the trigger on this even though he looks pretty good......I just don't have the real estate space in my man cave.

tough one.
I love that 89 Batman from Sideshow (even with the head turn). To date I have all of Sideshows movie Batman pieces except for their Begins piece.

If you only collect Sideshow, I totally understand not collecting movie pieces from them, as they've been having disaster pieces from time to time, like all their Superman pieces, their noted Wonder Woman, Mark 42, WS Captain America and more. But, they do produce solid Star Wars pieces from time to time, like their Jyn Erso, Leia, Rey and Ahsoka.

However, if you want to collect movie pieces, there are many other licensed manufacturers out there, besides Sideshow. Because of Sideshow's issues with movie pieces, I moved away from Sideshow and now have a great deal more pieces from each of the following, than I actually do from Sideshow. Those being from Prime 1, Iron Studios, and now Queen Studios. I also expect to have the odd piece from Infinity and JND too.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:47 PM   #114
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
While this looks decent, there is something about Batman with a gun and holster on his thigh that just doesn't look right.

Yes, I know it's one of his many gadgets. But it just throws everything off IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My problem with the grapple gun is that it is bulky and sitting on his leg. That would cut back his movement speed in combat. He looks more like Mad Max in the movie than Batman. Not that there?s anything really wrong with that.
As a few of us may already know from watching the film, that is not a grapple gun! From other manufacturers releases we've been told that that is the Sticky Bomb gun/launcher.

The grapple guns are stored on both of his forearm gauntlets, because of their relatively low profile.

For some stupid reason, all manufacturers are including that damn Sticky Bomb gun/launcher, even though it was never actually held in hand by Batman in the released film. I forget which, but it might have been shown being held in concept art, or from trailers or deleted scenes.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:14 PM   #115
xb24
Sinister Six

Is the cape pleather?
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 06:38 PM   #116
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Is the cape pleather?

I think so...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 06:47 PM   #117
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Is the cape pleather?
How often is it not for leather looking capes anyway.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:30 PM   #118
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As a few of us may already know from watching the film, that is not a grapple gun! From other manufacturers releases we've been told that that is the Sticky Bomb gun/launche
Aha!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:01 PM   #119
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This is a cool looking statue. The bike looks great. However, I am just not very excited about this piece for some reasons. It is missing something but I can't quite tell what.

I may be experiencing The Batman fatigue. I've seen too many Pattinson Batman statues and figures recently. This one comes out a bit late in the game. It just doesn't have the same effect as the other ones have.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:06 PM   #120
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
This is a cool looking statue. The bike looks great. However, I am just not very excited about this piece for some reasons. It is missing something but I can't quite tell what.

I may be experiencing The Batman fatigue. I've seen too many Pattinson Batman statues and figures recently. This one comes out a bit late in the game. It just doesn't have the same effect as the other ones have.
The figure itself, I just don't find it looks impressive enough. All the other major options, just pop more imo, even in their museum poses.