Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #1201
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
I just watch the yesterday live about Rogue. So they don’t know why Rogue is a maquette. Comes out first with the size but then laugh all together because it makes no sense, X23 as an counter argument.
They don’t know what materials will be used because it’s a prototype. Then you have to pre-order it without knowing, great. The piece was moving up & down as they rotates the turntables, it’s pretty anxious.
Then the second face is a lack of time/money, I don’t understand that argument. The ex head as a headband, so it’s not one face with 2 hairs switch out, but too full heads. In the end, it’s just a lazy copy paste for the 3D conception on the ex head.

I’m kind of upset because it would have been something really cool but I don’t have enough money to do take risks with it.
Agree. I will pass on being their Guinea pig.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #1202
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Until they disclose how this piece is supported / materials being used, it's a pass for me too.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #1203
fsdre
Mephisto

Hope this has a set ES
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #1204
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
Hope this has a set ES
That's adorable
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #1205
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The new world of statue collecting - with these prices and multiple options, IMO you have to LOVE what you are ordering (which, in all honesty, is probably what we should all be doing anyway).
That’s how I feel also.

I logged into my SS account and saw my purchases of Rogue PF and Angel Comiquette for $330. I know it’s been 6 years and quality has increased, but how is this new Rogue over double the cost? Despite it being a few inches bigger and actual thought going into the base, it has some sticker shock for me.

My present tastes means that I have to be in love, and feel confident about, a piece to drop $800+ for one piece. With what we know about this Rogue, I feel neither.

If pieces were $200 or $300 still I could take more chances. Maybe even $400. But $800 after shipping and taxes is a bit much to take risks for me.

As an aside, I am seeing a ton more Rogue PF on eBay since this has been announced. So perhaps many want to unload her now since this one is superior and they plan on upgrading.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #1206
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
That’s how I feel also.

I logged into my SS account and saw my purchases of Rogue PF and Angel Comiquette for $330. I know it’s been 6 years and quality has increased, but how is this new Rogue over double the cost? Despite it being a few inches bigger and actual thought going into the base, it has some sticker shock for me.

My present tastes means that I have to be in love, and feel confident about, a piece to drop $800+ for one piece. With what we know about this Rogue, I feel neither.

If pieces were $200 or $300 still I could take more chances. Maybe even $400. But $800 after shipping and taxes is a bit much to take risks for me.

As an aside, I am seeing a ton more Rogue PF on eBay since this has been announced. So perhaps many want to unload her now since this one is superior and they plan on upgrading.
Precisely right. The more expensive these pieces get, the more picky we get (as it should be) and the more assurances we need that our money will be going to something of quality.

Right now, I'm not getting any assurance.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #1207
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
yeah love how Igo dodged the Maquette question. "Susan you can answer this"
I was surprised they even read the question on air.

The difference is $$$ vs. $$$$$. It's that simple.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #1208
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Why is will Harbottles name on the art credits??
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #1209
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
Hope this has a set ES
Hope the Es will be like 300 for the ex! Since most seem to not like the ex.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #1210
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The new world of statue collecting - with these prices and multiple options, IMO you have to LOVE what you are ordering (which, in all honesty, is probably what we should all be doing anyway).
I mean....why would people do it any other way to begin with lol. I get on ~$15-$20 action figures...buy however many you want. But REALLY expensive/large statues? I just don't get the mentality of many buyers and really I think most are just doomed to 1) Become frustrated/upset with decisions that are made, 2) Sell most of them eventually, and 3) Both. I never plan on having more than like 13 statues across my 10 or so favorite characters. I have 0 interest in having tons of these things. I'd rather spend a lot on a centralized amount of characters that I REALLY like than go all over the place.

Oh and that SS Live was an embarrassment and really makes me hesitant to continue buying their statues in the future, not that I wasn't there already. That was a borderline slap in the face to their customers.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote