Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #1221
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Tri-Clops is like Man-at-Arms to me... super important character, but visually dull.
In the '80s cartoon, maybe. I hope Tweeterhead pushes his proportions like the 200X toys did.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:17 PM   #1222
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I saw lots of movies in college about "Fisto". None of them had that guy in them though^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Hey Igo, thanks for the insight and tips - always fun to hear whats in the works

i know you cant confirm or deny if he will be made but i just want to throw a hat in the ring for my man clawful. also major kudos on the new villains bases, i love how theyre all snake mountain themed - going to make for a killer display

I'd also throw a hat in for Clawful. He was always a cool concept, but he wasn't done well until MYP/200X. It would be even cooler to see him even larger and even more menacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
In the '80s cartoon, maybe. I hope Tweeterhead pushes his proportions like the 200X toys did.

Yeah, I totally expect to see the statue going more this route... which is the coolest Duncan has looked. I'd have to judge on the day, but odds are strong that I would still appreciate only from afar.

That said, it would be cool to see an unmasked portrait like from Revelation:

A kickass design somehow better than 200X, this alternate unmasked portrait, and an amazing companion Sorceress... those could possibly lead me to a purchase. It would be cool to have Teela's family on display.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:28 AM   #1223
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Okay Tweeterhead the bar has been raised by Iron Studios. They perfectly show how to give a realistic take on Filmation Sorceress and she looks fantastic--super classic and super sexy.

Hopefully you can deliver a Filmation Sorceress and She-Ra to match or exceed this.

Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:54 AM   #1224
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Okay Tweeterhead the bar has been raised by Iron Studios. They perfectly show how to give a realistic take on Filmation Sorceress and she looks fantastic--super classic and super sexy.

Hopefully you can deliver a Filmation Sorceress and She-Ra to match or exceed this.

Tweeterhead has no Filmation based statue line.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:25 PM   #1225
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Tweeterhead has no Filmation based statue line.
They do... the 1/6 line is Filmation based, starting with the He-Man on Battle Cat dio.

The 1/5 Legends line is where they take more realistic liberties, which is why that's the line I personally follow.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #1226
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
They do... the 1/6 line is Filmation based, starting with the He-Man on Battle Cat dio.

The 1/5 Legends line is where they take more realistic liberties, which is why that's the line I personally follow.
No, the 1/6 line is definitely not Filmation based. It’s just the classic MotU look from the toys and their artworks.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #1227
Khev

Quote:
No, the 1/6 line is definitely not Filmation based. It?s just the classic MotU look from the toys and their artworks.
Which are the same designs as the Filmation cartoon for the majority of the characters.

Stating "Tweeterhead has no Filmation based statue line" indicates that they can't make realistic versions of the cartoons or that such renditions would be out of place in their current line-up. That is false. Their 1/5 Teela is already 90% Filmation. Blue Hordak with robot head is probably 80% Filmation.

They don't have a line that is *solely* dedicated to Filmation but they clearly can make statues that are realistic takes on the original cartoon if they want. For Sorceress and She-Ra I hope they do just that.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:35 PM   #1228
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Their 1/5 Teela is already 90% Filmation. Blue Hordak with robot head is probably 80% Filmation.
With all due respect: you really think that this

is 90% this?

Okay.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:50 PM   #1229
Khev

Quote:
With all due respect: you really think that this

is 90% this?

Okay.
Well obviously you need to select pics depicting her with the correct accessories rather than deliberately choosing the alternates.

But yes this:

is pretty much straight Filmation but with "realistic" flourishes (more ornamentation on her sword, tiara, etc.) Adding the fur to her shoulder and more plating to her left armband are where the 10% deviation comes into play.

If you disagree, then you disagree. I'm not spending any more time on a debate over whether Statue X is 90% Filmation versus 87% Filmation.

My point stands that I really hope Tweeterhead can both continue in the tradition of their current Teela and now IS's new Sorceress when tackling their own versions of Sorceress and She-Ra.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:53 PM   #1230
Igo
Producer
Producer

FIGHT!!!!

Just kidding...

Our 1:5 scale "Legends" line is definitely a mix of things with a bit of the extra obvious "realistic" push to make it more real-world / "what would we do if we could make a film, live action tv show, or video game".

In the instance of Teela, we looked at the vintage toy (sans cobra hood, sorry) filmation, 200x, some of the comic work, all of it... what makes Teela, Teela... and what would make sense for Teela in "Legends".

Hordak appeared Blue in Filmation, sure, but we were also heavily influenced for the variant by the awesome artwork of Earl Norem...

...as well as looking at the filmation show (why the cannon got worked into the statue offering.)

So yah, LOTS of inspiration for the "Legends" line...

As for the 1:6 line, it is definitely CLASSIC inspired, lots of vintage toy, Earl Norem and other painters and illustrators we look at, etc...

Filmation has some really fun stuff, and obviously there are characters that look totally different, like Clawful, and they made some compromises to make things more animation-friendly for TV in the 80's... So choosing filmation as inspiration is always there, but not too heavy handed in certain circumstances.

ANYWAYS... Chad and I have huge plans for MOTU. We're a smaller operation and it's a bit slow going because we take the extra time and care to push these things to justify the higher price point. These arnt cheap, and we want to blow peoples socks off, like we hopefully have with all the pieces done up to this point, and justify their price point.

Stoked to show what's coming next... I mean, we've shown painted renders of Trap Jaw "Legends" and He-Man & Battle Cat "Classic", we teased Beast Man "Legends" and the He-Man "Legends" life size bust, and we have four other projects in early sculpt to near sculpt complete stages... One of them MAY or may not be the Sorceress...

It's all a matter of timing. We're excited with the roll-out, it's not the fastest, but we are striving for the best. We want these to be timeless pieces in your collection.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote