Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #1261
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Isn't there still an embargo on reviews?
Technically, yes, I think. But either people found a way to get it lifted a day early, or they just didn't care and posted their reviews anyway. I read the ones on the link Bulls posted, as well as seeing one yesterday on Yahoo too. I've yet to see a good one.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #1262
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
The guy's a complete jack***, for sure, but I'll never understand why comments like this are necessary. Joking, or otherwise.
Just jokes bro. I don't wish death on nobody. I just hate this guy.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #1263
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

If this goes back to Marvel it could be ten years before they even get to it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #1264
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I have a feeling that if this movie doesn't do well, and the Spider-Man deal works out well for Sony, we might see something similar with Fox and The FF. it's the best solution for Fox after all the money they've spent on these. That way they can still make a bit of money on it from a Marvel partnership. The FF are a big comic book franchise and there is definitely potential there, I just don't see them handing them back completely. I think they will try building something with The X-Men first, and if that doesn't work either then we'll see a partnership with Marvel.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #1265
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Chew box of razors and drink lemon juice after or see this film?
Tough call.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #1266
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

It looks like the ban on reviews has been lifted and it's shaping up to be a bomb as I had expected.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 20%. I would be surprised if it goes much higher.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #1267
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Agreed on that. I would love to see Marvel's take on FF. But I think the best strategy would be to introduce them during Avengers Infinity War 2, even in just a few scenes. If they test well then they can do a reboot movie in Phase IV.

And I still think Terry Crews would be the absolute best actor to play the Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I have a feeling that if this movie doesn't do well, and the Spider-Man deal works out well for Sony, we might see something similar with Fox and The FF. it's the best solution for Fox after all the money they've spent on these. That way they can still make a bit of money on it from a Marvel partnership. The FF are a big comic book franchise and there is definitely potential there, I just don't see them handing them back completely. I think they will try building something with The X-Men first, and if that doesn't work either then we'll see a partnership with Marvel.
I think it would be better for FOX to use FF as a bargaining chip with Marvel to support the X-Men rather than trying to create some kind of connected universe between FF and X. For Fox this would essentially be 3 strikes, so why keep beating that horse. They can build the connected universe around X-Men with X-Force, X-Factor, Gambit, rebooted Wolverine (which will happen once recast), and even a cosmic version build around Shi'ar. They could hammer out a deal where FF goes back along with Surfer, Galactus, Submariner. In exchange, Marvel supports the comics, promotes the movies, and enters into a merchandising/licensing agreement like 50/50 or 75 FOX/25 Marvel. For both companies X-Men licensing is hundreds of millions of dollars being left on the table right now. There might be some other details to work out, but to me it seems a win-win for everyone, plus the fans. If something like that does happen I wouldn't expect to see an announcement for a year though. First you'd have the posturing, rumors and fake announcements of a sequel, then the official word would come down. But I'd certainly be hoping that Marvel would introduce them earlier rather than later. Of all the characters that should come back to Marvel, FF is #2, with Spiderman being #1.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #1268
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I doubt that, it would be a diferent scenario. ASM2 still pulled in $700M world wide. If Fox made that much, they would be happy that. For the Disney deal with Sony, Sony still bankrolls the film. If FF bombs, Fox probably won't want to risk any more money on it.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #1269
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Agreed on that. I would love to see Marvel's take on FF. But I think the best strategy would be to introduce them during Avengers Infinity War 2, even in just a few scenes. If they test well then they can do a reboot movie in Phase IV.

And I still think Terry Crews would be the absolute best actor to play the Thing.

I think it would be better for FOX to use FF as a bargaining chip with Marvel to support the X-Men rather than trying to create some kind of connected universe between FF and X. For Fox this would essentially be 3 strikes, so why keep beating that horse. They can build the connected universe around X-Men with X-Force, X-Factor, Gambit, rebooted Wolverine (which will happen once recast), and even a cosmic version build around Shi'ar. They could hammer out a deal where FF goes back along with Surfer, Galactus, Submariner. In exchange, Marvel supports the comics, promotes the movies, and enters into a merchandising/licensing agreement like 50/50 or 75 FOX/25 Marvel. For both companies X-Men licensing is hundreds of millions of dollars being left on the table right now. There might be some other details to work out, but to me it seems a win-win for everyone, plus the fans. If something like that does happen I wouldn't expect to see an announcement for a year though. First you'd have the posturing, rumors and fake announcements of a sequel, then the official word would come down. But I'd certainly be hoping that Marvel would introduce them earlier rather than later. Of all the characters that should come back to Marvel, FF is #2, with Spiderman being #1.
I believe Submariner license is with Universal.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #1270
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I believe Submariner license is with Universal.
I think the chances of that happening are slim to none. Universal's best option would be to try to co-produce something. I don't think there would be much interest in a standalone Submariner movie. Not even sure if folks will be that interested in him as a guest player unless there's a storyline in FF, in which case Universal might be able to "loan" the character out.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote