Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-29-2022, 03:23 PM   #12701
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
Question for the more knowledgable folks - if searching for a specific Sideshow print on the secondary market, do you have any recommendations on the best places to look? Already tried ebay to no avail
Facebook and eBay
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #12702
plumbum
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Facebook and eBay
thanks! Any specific Facebook groups that might be recommended?
plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:15 PM   #12703
Hannibal10

Quote:
thanks! Any specific Facebook groups that might be recommended?
Statue Collectors BST
Radd Titan BST
Statue Collectors VIP BST

Really any group dedicated to statue collecting haha. Those are just three larger groups I'm aware of.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:39 PM   #12704
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Question for the more knowledgable folks - if searching for a specific Sideshow print on the secondary market, do you have any recommendations on the best places to look? Already tried ebay to no avail
Is there a particular print you are looking for? You can also try https://www.popcultcha.com.au/

They have some old prints. They ship from Australia but the shipping is quite reasonable (and you can do combined shipping). I got some sold out prints through them last year.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:09 PM   #12705
plumbum
Doh!

Quote:
Statue Collectors BST
Radd Titan BST
Statue Collectors VIP BST

Really any group dedicated to statue collecting haha. Those are just three larger groups I'm aware of.
Thanks for the recommendations! Will try

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Thank you, really cool site! They have some great prints, not just the one I have been searching for unfortunately.

Quote:
Is there a particular print you are looking for?
I have been trying to find this Poison Ivy print by Kendrick Lim, with little luck so far I'm afraid!

Old 08-30-2022, 02:54 AM   #12706
darren1228
Zot

Quote:

Thank you, really cool site! They have some great prints, not just the one I have been searching for unfortunately.

I have been trying to find this Poison Ivy print by Kendrick Lim, with little luck so far I'm afraid!

This print was available for quite some time when it was first came out. Last one I saw was for $200+ on ebay. My suggestion is to keep hunting on ebay. And to also post ISO (in search of) on facebook group pages. I would say post exactly what range you'd be willing to pay. That helps to shake loose some prints. Oftentimes people post ISO without a price and it's just a hassle to contact the buyer and find out that you are getting low-balled.
Old 08-30-2022, 03:03 AM   #12707
AC_808
Hercules

I can see why you're looking for that print. That's a beautiful art print to have. Got that art print in June 2019 when it was still available at SSC.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:33 AM   #12708
Hannibal10

Quote:

Figured it was you lol. Saw your posts on FB too. I've been looking for this for months. Just got to be patient as they eventually show up.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #12709
plumbum
Doh!

Quote:
This print was available for quite some time when it was first came out. Last one I saw was for $200+ on ebay. My suggestion is to keep hunting on ebay. And to also post ISO (in search of) on facebook group pages. I would say post exactly what range you'd be willing to pay. That helps to shake loose some prints. Oftentimes people post ISO without a price and it's just a hassle to contact the buyer and find out that you are getting low-balled.
Thanks everyone for the quality suggestions! Just started getting into prints earlier this year, and I have been trying to grab the ones I really like but as Hannibal mentioned patience is a definite prerequisite... will stay on the hunt
Old 08-30-2022, 11:40 AM   #12710
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Figured it was you lol. Saw your posts on FB too. I've been looking for this for months. Just got to be patient as they eventually show up.
Yeah. Be patient. Another Ivy print will get released at some point. If it looks better you can just nab the new one or pick up this one when another collector replaces it.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the quality suggestions! Just started getting into prints earlier this year, and I have been trying to grab the ones I really like but as Hannibal mentioned patience is a definite prerequisite... will stay on the hunt
Good luck man! The hunt is part of the fun!