Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #1271
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyJ22 View Post
I just received the ex Black Armored Aspen statue, and I have a question for anyone who also bought this from Aspen: where were the prints stored in the packaging? I just unboxed her and I can't find the COA or the two prints that was supposed to come with her.
My prints were in a large cardboard sleeve between the statue box and the shipping box (sleeve is about the same size as the large side of the box)...

They were hard to miss... sounds like you need to contact Aspen.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #1272
ReyJ22
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yeah, I figured that's where it would be, def did not receive them. Thanks for the feedback... I emailed them today, but haven't heard anything yet. I had ordered a print and some comics in addition to the statue (which is awesome btw). I guess the statues are in Ca, while the other items from my order were in Ohio. It took them a while to ship the order, so I emailed them and they let me know about the split shipment. If I hadn't emailed them originally, I'm not sure they would have contacted me concerning the statue in Ca. Now I'm missing stuff..? I know things happen, but this situation kinda makes me not want to go thru them directly for future business.
ReyJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #1273
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Wow, that sucks Rey. How long ago did you order your statue? How long did it take for them to process and ship?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #1274
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

i just received my Aspenstore SDCC prints and variant covers for Soulfire Search for the Light and Soulfire Vol4 issue 1....
Also.today is my wifes birthday!!!
Was nice that i could make her cry when unveiling the Pasquale Hope print
Still havent gotten it framed yet as the process would take awhile...so i just opted to give her the print in my print folder

She never knew i ordered it,only that it had sold out on Aspenstore during SDCC...hehehehehe
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #1275
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Ok, I have one more question for the community, has anyone ever seen a #1 print from Aspen? The reason I ask is because I have noticed that almost every "last one available" print that Aspen sells on eBay is actually the #2 print. They have two "last one available" prints in this latest batch of auctions and both are the #2 prints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURNER-STEIG...item2573d44db0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURNER-SOULF...item19d3dee596

I have also noticed that they count down with the prints that they have, in regards to selling them. For example they put up a Lady Mechanika print in this last batch and its #4. The next time you see that print it will be #3 and then it will be "last one available" with the #2. Most of the "last one available prints" that I have won from Aspen were all #2 prints including the Lady Mechanika VIP print.

Basically in all my years of collecting Aspen prints I have never seen a #1 print nor have I ever seen someone that had a #1 print. I was just curious if anyone in here has ever had a #1 print or seen anyone that had a #1 print. I think that either someone at Aspen collects prints and keeps the alpha print for themselves or Aspen doesn't sell the #1 print and keeps it as a company collection. Imagine a 100% complete Aspen print collection, all of them the #1 prints. That would really be something. Again, I was just curious if anyone in here has ever seen a #1print or has ever owned a #1 print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennfett View Post
i just received my Aspenstore SDCC prints and variant covers for Soulfire Search for the Light and Soulfire Vol4 issue 1....
Also.today is my wifes birthday!!!
Was nice that i could make her cry when unveiling the Pasquale Hope print
Still havent gotten it framed yet as the process would take awhile...so i just opted to give her the print in my print folder

She never knew i ordered it,only that it had sold out on Aspenstore during SDCC...hehehehehe
I knew she was going to love it. It really is an amazing print. I think it was the best regular print of the show and got 3 copies for myself.

I hope your wife had a great birthday!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #1276
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, that mystery is the main draw to this particular print.

Sucks because I know two people that have it, and neither are willing to sell LOL.

I know someone who has one as well and they will literally be homeless and destitute before they sell any of their prints. So that basically means there are only 22 more out there that actually have a chance at being sold and if I am right about my theory on the #1 prints....well, that brings it down to 21. Not looking very good, lol. This is why I think this print would bring in at least 200, maybe even up to 300, if one got listed on eBay. With super rare prints like this, people know that it might be a VERY long time before they see another print get listed, if they see another one at all. So I expect people will be bidding high amounts.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #1277
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I know someone who has one as well and they will literally be homeless and destitute before they sell any of their prints. So that basically means there are only 22 more out there that actually have a chance at being sold and if I am right about my theory on the #1 prints....well, that brings it down to 21. Not looking very good, lol. This is why I think this print would bring in at least 200, maybe even up to 300, if one got listed on eBay. With super rare prints like this, people know that it might be a VERY long time before they see another print get listed, if they see another one at all. So I expect people will be bidding high amounts.
Yeah, I think you may be right about that. I also seem to remember seeing the print on eBay too, similar to Cyber-Lip, but I never purchased. That happens to me quite a bit. I will see something in abundance for a good price, I won't go for it, and then a year or so later I will want it and it's impossible to find.

So, now I know I probably won't ever own this print or the VIP print. I'm hoping, at the very least, I can get my hands on my favorite print, which is the one in my avatar.

Speaking of that one, I'm kind of confused about it. I've seen it referred to as the Amazing Arizona Con print, but I've also seen it referred to as the LBCC print.

Which is correct?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #1278
renketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Speaking of that one, I'm kind of confused about it. I've seen it referred to as the Amazing Arizona Con print, but I've also seen it referred to as the LBCC print.

Which is correct?
Aspenstore show it as Amazing Arizona Con:

http://www.aspenstore.com/LADY-MECHA...2011-print.htm

Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #1279
renketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Basically in all my years of collecting Aspen prints I have never seen a #1 print nor have I ever seen someone that had a #1 print.
Never seen one. Have two #2 prints, but no #1s.

Perhaps the old ones were Mike's and they never issue them as a mark of respect? Wild guess work, but sounds plausible to me.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #1280
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Aspenstore show it as Amazing Arizona Con:

http://www.aspenstore.com/LADY-MECHA...2011-print.htm

LOL, that's why I'm confused. I found a high quality scan of it, and the bottom says it's a Long Beach print. Were there two versions? Or does AspenStore have it labelled wrong?