Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #1281
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for answering. I'm referring to the coat of the Captain Hook PF.

Thank you!
I nor Sideshow will be responsible should some kind of breakage/damage occur during an attempt to futz with an item (ie: Ironing it, steaming it, etc.), so please use extreme caution when attempting to futz a collectible in any way.

For the coat....do not put an iron or steam to any parts of the inside of the coat. The lining for the inside of the coat simply cannot be ironed or steamed. For the outside you should position the piece so the area in question that needs to be ironed is as flat as possible on an ironing board, put some kind of heavier cloth (like part of a white heavier t-shirt without any kind of already silkscreened/iron on artwork...should be a totally blank piece of cloth) over the area to be ironed and iron over the heavier T-shirt cloth that the coat would be lying under.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #1282
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Hi SSAlex,

The dimensions shown for the new Thor are the same for sword or no sword (21"). Looks like the piece is a bit taller with the sword...any idea which display the 21" height applies to?

Thanks.
This is being looked into and the site should be updated shortly with updated specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Will Optimus be made availabe to authorized SS dealers outside of the US (like the blue batman bust and the mythos line)?
I believe the regular edition will more than likely be available to authorized SS dealers that wish to carry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
Please let the development team know that Howard the Duck would be a great piece to set alongside Thor Frog!
I love the Howard the Duck movie. Honestly...not kidding. It's super cheesy in every way but it's one of my guilty pleasure movies.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #1283
chaber
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Alex! Just got my newsletter and saw the giveaway for Savage Oppress! However, the link takes us to the original preview page with no way to enter the contest. Can you check to see what the problem is? Thanks!
chaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #1284
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaber View Post
Hey Alex! Just got my newsletter and saw the giveaway for Savage Oppress! However, the link takes us to the original preview page with no way to enter the contest. Can you check to see what the problem is? Thanks!
Should be working now. Savage Opress :-)
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #1285
chaber

Thanks! Are there new pics of him, or is it the same one from the first sneak? The newsletter made it sound like we would be getting a full reveal!

Last edited by chaber; 04-03-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #1286
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaber View Post
Thanks! Are there new pics of him, or is it the same one from the first sneak? The newsletter made it sound like we would be getting a full reveal!
He goes up for Pre-Order next Thursday, so his full reveal will be happening next week on Wednesday in our blog.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #1287
chaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
He goes up for Pre-Order next Thursday, so his full reveal will be happening next week on Wednesday in our blog.
YES!!! Awesome news!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #1288
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
will there be an EX SSA?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #1289
jedisword

Quote:
The best chance for an item like that and the Peter Cushing one that were shown at Monsterpalooza at this point would be a kickstarter like campaign. If enough fans/collectors truly committed to these kinds of projects through a kickstarter campaign then getting them actually produced and into the hands of collectors is much more doable. I'm not saying someone should go out and start any kinds of those types of campaigns but more so throwing out the idea if that's even something fans/collectors would even get behind for more niche-like projects.
Now if someone were to do that and maybe one for an Ahsoka Tano PF and a Game of Thrones PF line (lol), how would one go about doing that?
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #1290
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I nor Sideshow will be responsible should some kind of breakage/damage occur during an attempt to futz with an item (ie: Ironing it, steaming it, etc.), so please use extreme caution when attempting to futz a collectible in any way.

For the coat....do not put an iron or steam to any parts of the inside of the coat. The lining for the inside of the coat simply cannot be ironed or steamed. For the outside you should position the piece so the area in question that needs to be ironed is as flat as possible on an ironing board, put some kind of heavier cloth (like part of a white heavier t-shirt without any kind of already silkscreened/iron on artwork...should be a totally blank piece of cloth) over the area to be ironed and iron over the heavier T-shirt cloth that the coat would be lying under.
Thank you!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote