Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #121
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

His reason (lack of sales) for not being able to afford the improved styrofoam would seem to suggest otherwise.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #122
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

There is no reason why a business cannot get their website working correctly for sales in 2016. If you want more sales, step one would be allowing customers to easily purchase from you. If customers do not feel confident purchasing products from the website, of course their sales are getting hurt. I have multiple orders in with ARH, and I can only see one on the website. I'm stuck with someone assuring me that the rest of the money I paid didn't disappear.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #123
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
There is no reason why a business cannot get their website working correctly for sales in 2016. If you want more sales, step one would be allowing customers to easily purchase from you. If customers do not feel confident purchasing products from the website, of course their sales are getting hurt. I have multiple orders in with ARH, and I can only see one on the website. I'm stuck with someone assuring me that the rest of the money I paid didn't disappear.
Ive been preaching this for over a year now.. Extremely frustrating!! For some reason they just don't get it, better website = better business! If everyone had to call or email Sideshow to order a statue I guarantee you their sales would drop.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #124
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
His reason (lack of sales) for not being able to afford the improved styrofoam would seem to suggest otherwise.
That's per piece. Molded styro is very expensive and when they don't make a lot of em a mold can be cost prohobitive. So it's the low ES. Also adding better styro lowers profit per unit, that doesn't necessarily mean the company has no money just it's not worth doing or they'd have to jack up the price of the piece.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #125
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
That's per piece. Molded styro is very expensive and when they don't make a lot of em a mold can be cost prohobitive. So it's the low ES. Also adding better styro lowers profit per unit, that doesn't necessarily mean the company has no money just it's not worth doing or they'd have to jack up the price of the piece.
I'm aware of how that works and I never implied they have no money. My comment was based on what he went on to say in his FB post later.

According to these quotes, it all still boils down to lack of sales like I said...

"In case you have not, here is something to consider. We and any other company out there depend on SALES. Without sales, we cannot have a better customer service, or a better website, or a better packing, or a better anything!"

"All of you blaming ARH Studios for whatever reason must keep in mind that it is because of the market (and I mean YOU buyers!) and low sales that we can’t improve!"

Also these next two statements don't exactly fill me with confidence. For the record, he kinda started the "doom and gloom" himself.

"Now tell me… How many well established companies in this industry have gone out of business recently? I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about here! Why do you think this is happening?"

"Unfortunately, every single company in this industry is struggling right now. Basically, every company out there is going through tough times too."
Old 06-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #126
dao2
Cyclops

I guess, I kinda just took that all as saltyness tbh :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #127
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

No one told me the dead horse was brought out again! Where's my stick!!!

ARH is financially doing fine. If they were desperate for money they wouldn't be playing around with Kickstarter, they would be finishing up the four statues they have and getting them up for PO.

From the kickstart interview, Arahom says that ARH studios and ARH Comix are seperate entities. Right now, ARH Comics is not making money and Arahom is pouring money into it from ARH Studios. This means that ARH studios isn't just making money, they are making enough money to float a budding comic book company.

ARH is using Kickstart to get the word out about his comics. The money is nice, but it's not the primary reason for him doing what he's doing. Again, he said that on his interview.

If I have a source of frustration now, it's that Arahom spent so much time making the kickstart project and still hasn't painted the Arhian 3 statue. I suppose that's selfish, but I really want to see this statue! I guess I would have been less put off if the Kickstarter was actually something that I wanted and could support. Unfortunately, I have all the comics on order at my local shop and Arkhalla seduction is already ordered and paid for...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #128
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
No one told me the dead horse was brought out again! Where's my stick!!!
Here you go. You can have it back.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #129
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
They gave the first one of each of their comics away for free. Then they extended that. Then they had another free comic give away, but I forget the details. Now they are giving away the first and second Arkhalla again. In addition to this, if you bought the Queen or Arhian statues you get the first three issues free.

So they have been giving away a ton of comics....
I don't see any free comics on their site. The first issues should be available for people to read online. I only remember the offer where you had to sign up. Sideshow lets you download PDFs or read them on the Court of the Dead site I believe.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #130
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't see any free comics on their site. The first issues should be available for people to read online. I only remember the offer where you had to sign up. Sideshow lets you download PDFs or read them on the Court of the Dead site I believe.
You go to their comix website and buy Queen of Vampires 1 or 2 (you might be able to buy them together, I did it seperate). Then at checkout you put in the promo code "PROMO ARH". This will change your total to $0.00. Complete the sale and you will get an email with the download link.

BAM!!! Free comics!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote