Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #121
riky
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue View Post
I'd be hesitant to pre-order any of these Sucker Punch statues after seeing how poorly the face of the Slave Leia mini-bust turned out...
Just saw that and I'm gettin a bit nervous now. That Leia is beyond belief bad. How the proto can look like a crisp hundred dollar bill and the production piece can come out looking that is baffling. That can't be blamed on paint apps alone.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #122
TheDevil
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I just saw it too, and this is what I'm afraid.... looks extremely good for prototype, but failed during the final release..

Lucky for people who can cancel their order, but I can't cancel it, and amber + babydoll cost me around 600 usd.
TheDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #123
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
I just saw it too, and this is what I'm afraid.... looks extremely good for prototype, but failed during the final release..

Lucky for people who can cancel their order, but I can't cancel it, and amber + babydoll cost me around 600 usd.
Why can't you cancel?

Plus, on a more general note, do you guys think the Leia sculpt is off or the paint apps, or both? I'm just thinking, if the Sucker Punch statues turn up and are rubbish, maybe the sculpting is good, and they can simply be repainted.....by a proffessional!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #124
TheDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Why can't you cancel?

Plus, on a more general note, do you guys think the Leia sculpt is off or the paint apps, or both? I'm just thinking, if the Sucker Punch statues turn up and are rubbish, maybe the sculpting is good, and they can simply be repainted.....by a proffessional!
I don't live in US, europe, or anywhere where I can cancel a preorder. Once a preorder is in, there will be no cancellation. (I don't preorder directly to GG, because the total shipping to my country will be outrageous, and not even sure if they want to ship it here)

The joy of living in crap 3rd world country...

and btw, from what I saw here http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=15

and here's the prototype from the convention http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=17

it seems that it's the problem with sculpting, long horse face. But that's just 1 pic, not sure if it's taken from other various angles.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #125
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Hell is a third world country now? With all that population?

I am also living in a similarly well-described excuse of such a country.

All kidding aside, I can understand your frustration of living in such a third world environment. I have never ordered directly from any other company besides Sideshow, who thankfully have just recently allowed me to pay via credit card after a year of sending cheques in the mail.

But haven't had any problems about cancelling. Unless I order from my LCS.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #126
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Guys, forgive my ignorance....but when I think of Third World Countries, I think of people, well, like struggling to eat and find clean water....not people struggling to get a decent deal on a luxury item like a statue....

Maybe I'm behind the times, and the designation for a thrid world country has changed, perhaps places like Somalia and Ethiopia are now classified as something like a fourth world country....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #127
TheDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Guys, forgive my ignorance....but when I think of Third World Countries, I think of people, well, like struggling to eat and find clean water....not people struggling to get a decent deal on a luxury item like a statue....

Maybe I'm behind the times, and the designation for a thrid world country has changed, perhaps places like Somalia and Ethiopia are now classified as something like a fourth world country....
Actually, Third world countries are usually majority of the people struggling to eat or have a decent home, but some others can afford it.

Don't know about Somalia and Ethiopia though. It is possible they're categorized as 4th world country now.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #128
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Makes me wonder why I'm doing this sometimes. Spending a small fortune on statues. That's when guilt sets in. I mean I work hard for what I have, but I'm gonna need some major perspective review.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #129
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
I don't live in US, europe, or anywhere where I can cancel a preorder. Once a preorder is in, there will be no cancellation. (I don't preorder directly to GG, because the total shipping to my country will be outrageous, and not even sure if they want to ship it here)

and btw, from what I saw here http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=15

and here's the prototype from the convention http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=17

it seems that it's the problem with sculpting, long horse face. But that's just 1 pic, not sure if it's taken from other various angles.
That's the reason I don't PO the SP statues. It's always been like this, it's just getting worse and worse.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #130
riky
Mephisto

Right now I am confident that GG realizes that if the first statue in the series does not meet expectations (and looks as itshy as that slave leia) that the rest of the series will be pretty much DOA. Then again I may be way off....
riky is offline   Reply With Quote