Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #121
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Now that Randy Bowen is basically out of the Marvel/X-men game (for whatever reason he didn't get his license renewed as he expected) ...
Yeah, so source on that? That's contrary to what has been reported. He's said the contract hasn't been renewed yet, but he's also said there would be another phase, and he's been showing sneaks constantly.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #122
Scribe
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Yeah, so source on that? That's contrary to what has been reported. He's said the contract hasn't been renewed yet, but he's also said there would be another phase, and he's been showing sneaks constantly.
He was supposed to get his extension before the end of 2013. Now we are three months into 2014 and still not renewed.

The "sneaks" he is showing will never go into production if he doesn't get the license back so I wouldn't hold your breath at this point.

Further evidence would be the fire sale they're having at Rocky's Vault.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #123
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Ok, so you're speculating. Gotcha.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #124
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
That masked head sculpt is ridiculous. It really lights up my brain cells in that photoshop image. I wish I could get a life size bust from Eric in that exact sculpt.
Just ask nicely
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #125
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
He was supposed to get his extension before the end of 2013. Now we are three months into 2014 and still not renewed.

The "sneaks" he is showing will never go into production if he doesn't get the license back so I wouldn't hold your breath at this point.

Further evidence would be the fire sale they're having at Rocky's Vault.
None of that means Bowen is "out of the Marvel game" yet. Marvel is just being particularly slow/difficult about negotiations this time. Neither side stands to gain from revoking the license, so presumably it's just a matter of time and haggling.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #126
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'm going to have to pick this up! One of the best looking Wolvie sculpts around.
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #127
Scribe
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Ok, so you're speculating. Gotcha.
This isn't really the place to debate this issue. There's a Bowen section and if you are really into denying reality and just being a cheerleader there is that other site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
None of that means Bowen is "out of the Marvel game" yet. Marvel is just being particularly slow/difficult about negotiations this time. Neither side stands to gain from revoking the license, so presumably it's just a matter of time and haggling.
Bowen stands to lose a lot yes, but Disney/Marvel could make more producing statues itself than it was with Bowen. What they were making off Bowen only paid for the legal fees to draw up the license so they were making nothing for the hassle. He was allegedly a bit of a diva to work with and Disney got a lot of customer complaints about him. Randy only tells people what he wants them to know, not necessarily the whole truth.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #128
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
This isn't really the place to debate this issue. There's a Bowen section and if you are really into denying reality and just being a cheerleader there is that other site.
You brought Bowen up dude. I'm not being a cheerleader. I'm plenty critical of Bowen, and I can't stand some of the sycophants at "that other site."

But when you have people spreading misinformation (ie. you), it has an effect. I own Bowen statues. I buy and sell them. And people overstating (such as by stating opinions or speculation about the line's demise as if it's fact) hurts the market, and in the worst case could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Bowen's said there would be another phase. They (Bowen and his sculptors) have begun soliciting feedback for upcoming pieces, and they've rolled out probably 5-10 spec piece previews (Wonder Man, Baron Zemo, Battle Armor Thor, Rhino, Guardians of the Galaxy busts, Gamora, Nightcrawler, Shocker, et al) in the past couple months. Unless you believe Bowen is just duplicitously stringing people along with no care for how that would affect his future business, that's a good indication that the line will continue.

Even with that said, it still a fair inference that the line's in trouble. It's just not a fact yet.

Last edited by Mammal; 03-13-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Changed unintentionally inflammatory statement
Old 03-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #129
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
You brought Bowen up dude. I'm not being a cheerleader. I'm plenty critical of Bowen, and I can't stand some of the sycophants at "that other site."

But when you have people spreading misinformation (ie. you), it has an effect. I own Bowen statues. I buy and sell them. And people overstating (such as by stating opinions or speculation about the line's demise as if it's fact) hurts the market, and in the worst case could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Bowen's said there would be another phase. They (Bowen and his sculptors) have begun soliciting feedback for upcoming pieces, and they've rolled out probably 5-10 spec piece previews (Wonder Man, Baron Zemo, Battle Armor Thor, Rhino, Guardians of the Galaxy busts, Gamora, Nightcrawler, Shocker, et al) in the past couple months. Unless you believe Bowen is just duplicitously stringing people along with no care for how that would affect his future business, that's a good indication that the line will continue.

Even with that said, it still a fair inference that the line's in trouble. It's just not a fact yet.

Well said, Mammal. I hate to pick sides on this, Scribe, but you were the one who brought up Bowen to begin with. Saying just enough to get a fiery debate started, and I'm hoping that was unintentional. I say we let it end here. As you mentioned, there is a section for Bowen on this forum and this is a Koto realm.

Let's get back to admiring this amazing Brown Wolverine that Erick has created and speculating about future releases for the Fine Art line.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #130
Sithlord32
New Republic

Well I keep looking at this and i still do think its one of th best wolverines out there. I only have one drawback to this that I would mention and see if anyone else feels the same.

The chest. I am not fond of how much the chest caves in between the pecs. It looks awkward. There is so much muscle refinement and definition there and into the neck area but no where else and I feel it throws it off.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote