Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Can Juggernaut Pull Thor's hammer?
Juggernaut pulls the hammer and claims Nothing can Stop The Juggernaut 10 17.24%
Juggernaut can't do it Mjolnir can't be moved by no living being. 37 63.79%
Adamantium cable snaps in two. 9 15.52%
The Earth shatters under the stain with no winner. 4 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #121
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
It's amazing that a mere enchanted hammer can do more than what Cytorakk is giving Juggs. At least he should have let Juggernaut fly so far he is just a earth bound misfit.
Flight for Juggernaut is like a wicked-cool rifle for Superman.

And I know what you're saying: "Well, Superman can fly!" To that, I respond by saying that Juggernaut would best any being with identical powers as Superman that wasn't named "Superman".
Bob Aboey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #122
Makkari1
Cyclops

Yeah a flying Juggernaut is a scary thought.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #123
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Aboey View Post
I don't want to speak for Mr. Yac, but I'd offer that one is a weapon used by someone, whereas the other is something that bonds to the soul of a person, transforming them into the embodiment of the rage and anger of a god.

Perfect examples of what I mean when I say that Marvel abandons Canon when they want to put a story over. No way does Juggernaut fall to a Hulk with some enhanced/induced powers from Apocalypse. Apocalypse is the man, but he ain't powering anybody enough to lay the smackdown on Juggernaut.
"Let's see. We need to put over this Onslaught dude... what's the best way we can introduce him. Can't have him pimp slap Wolverine 'cause Wolverine is in 734 other titles, each with varying degrees of invincibility. Colossus? Nah, nobody would really care. Blob? Meh, see "Colossus". Hey, what about Juggernaut? He's Unstoppable! Let's have Onslaught beat him up! Who cares if there is no real justification for Onslaught's power being able to circumvent Juggernaut's?"

I appreciate where you're coming from, and I respect your fervent defense of your character. I'm doing the same. But I wholly disagree with your statement that it doesn't matter that his soul is bonded to the Gem vs. the merely being enchanted. To me, that's a pretty significant difference.

I admire your obvious appreciation of the character and that you hold his early incarnation as gospel but at the end of the day Marvel can write a character however they want. Just because one particuclar character is very powerful doesn't mean he won't be beaten if the story calls for it. I myself am a big Hulk fan and I can argue all day why he would beat Thor and Juggernaut and it still grates to see him beaten (Rulk etc) but I accept my fanboy feelings on the matter mean crap to the writers and that is how it should be, otherwise we get matchups where wolverine can beat Lobo. At the end of the day we can debate all we like on who is tougher or stronger but there really isn't a definative answer.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #124
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
I see where you are thinking but there is a small thing that you are over looking. While Cain is a vessel used by Cytorrak as his avatar on earth, he is still just a mortal with borrowed power. Thor on the other hand is a god with a mighty weapon and not just any weapon but a weapon of the gods. Mjolnir is said to be one of Asgards mightest weapons. With that said Mjolnir's echantment not to be lifted or moved by those who are not worthy has been fairly consistant through out Marvel's history. Only those who power is equal to Odin or greater has circumvented this. Juggernaut has been stopped, slowed down and beaten by those who power are less than his.
honestly what makes Thor any more of a god then Juggernaut is, they are both immortal incredibly strong people, just labeling him a "god" doesn't make him any better then anybody else, and really how is juggernauts power borrowed but thors hammer isn't. they were both given to them by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
What evidence have you used to come to this conclusion?
Quote:
If you say such things you should at least give some examples of why you believe it so.
Quote:
I don't want to speak for Mr. Yac, but I'd offer that one is a weapon used by someone, whereas the other is something that bonds to the soul of a person, transforming them into the embodiment of the rage and anger of a god.
thats pretty much it, i did give my opinion on why i thought it, the Gem has 1 purpose and 1 purpose only, to make it's user a true force of nature, the "don't pick me up" enchantment on the hammer was a secondary effect put on it as an added gift not the main function.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #125
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
First off, yelling doesn't give any more validity to your otherwise senseless ramblings.

Notwithstanding, you did make some pretty good points here. If there is one character in the Marvel U that I absolutely cannot stand, it's that "Juggernault", and I appreciate you bringing this to this thread's attention. For those in this thread that were trashing the Juggernaut and saying that he'd fall to this, or that he couldn't do that, it is clear to me now that they must have been referring to the "Juggernault" instead, and I'm right there with you. He sucks, and is most certainly a ***** (whatever you actually put there). It makes perfect sense that he'd fall to any version of the Hulk, get owned by "any Skyfathers", etc.

I appreciate you bringing "Juggernault" to my attention. Now I don't bear so much ill will toward Marvel for crapping on a once-proud arch-nemesis... it's the "Juggernault" that is the chump.

Juggernaut, on the other hand, still rules hard and would not only move Thor's hammer, but would perform a proctology exam on WW Hulk with it.

I feel much better now. Thanks a pant-load for the clarification.

1.hulk
2. juggy

sorry bro, just the way it is.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #126
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
honestly what makes Thor any more of a god then Juggernaut is, they are both immortal incredibly strong people, just labeling him a "god" doesn't make him any better then anybody else, and really how is juggernauts power borrowed but thors hammer isn't. they were both given to them by others.

I always wondered this. The gods in marvel universe are just really powerful multidimensional beings.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #127
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hulk owns juggernaut
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #128
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
Hulk owns juggernaut
thats stupid, he would've gotten a much better deal on a lease
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #129
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
thats stupid, he would've gotten a much better deal on a lease
have you seen the interest on leasing a juggernaut
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #130
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
have you seen the interest on leasing a juggernaut
Exactly, can't even pull it's own weight.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote