Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-22-2023, 06:07 PM   #121
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
?The alpha sku?

Some of you are so weird.
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:10 PM   #122
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
?The alpha sku?

Some of you are so weird.
Makes the forum more interesting though
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 06:05 PM   #123
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I don't think it's a big deal. 1/3 is still 1/3. The presence and wow factor of the OG isn't diminished just because a smaller copy exists out there, and people who want 1/3 will always want 1/3. That 1/3 Hush Superman is the bee's knees, no way I'd ever want that particular Sculpt in 1/4, the 1/3 is too awe inspiring. Plenty of people will still feel that way after the smaller version pops out. Smaller is cheaper for those with money or space issues, and 1/3 for the all-in Superman fans.

A bunch of modern status are released in multiple scales, it's no big deal. The 1/3 is no less utterly awesome because the Sculpt was reused on a smaller unit. Put the two side by side, you'll know which is the Alpha sku.

Now if they flat out reissued the original 1/3, THEN we could have a different conversation.
It's going to be a big deal to those who feel edition sizes are important. To those people, they will definitely see their pieces devalue on the secondary market.

You need look no further than the comic art giclee market. Clampett Studios kept issuing new editions of previously released Alex Ross art in (usually) larger sizes in editions for other areas outside of the US. Of course the pieces were still able to be acquired in the US through dealers. That started dropping the secondary market prices. Then Ross took control of the distribution through his own studio. While he stopped the giclees from being reissued, he has allowed Sideshow to print lithographs of his art. This further affected the prices in the secondary market. In many cases, people don't know the difference between the printing processes, and some just don't care as they just want a nice version of the art to hang on their wall. In the end, the market was hurt and its been a very long road to recovery.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:24 PM   #124
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Something tells me you care about secondary prices.

Something tells me companies have been working on trying to kill secondary prices for years now. (me included)

The statue game is not the stock market.

Newer better pieces are going to keep coming out, PLUS! double dipping, WHEN resellers want to pump up the prices.

Its NOT companies fault.

It is, and always will be, a result of resellers.

STOP BEING GREEDY! AND YOU WILL STOP SEEING STATUES REPRODUCED IN VARIOUS SIZES ACCORDINGLY! ETC.

thinking your statue goes up! In value! Is the problem!

You guys ruined the game!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:34 PM   #125
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Something tells me you care about secondary prices.

Something tells me companies have been working on trying to kill secondary prices for years now. (me included)

The statue game is not the stock market.

Newer better pieces are going to keep coming out, PLUS! double dipping, WHEN resellers want to pump up the prices.

Its NOT companies fault.

It is, and always will be, a result of resellers.

STOP BEING GREEDY! AND YOU WILL STOP SEEING STATUES REPRODUCED IN VARIOUS SIZES ACCORDINGLY! ETC.

thinking your statue goes up! In value! Is the problem!

You guys ruined the game!!!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:07 PM   #126
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I agree with most of what biggunz is saying

Nobody should buy statues thinking they'll make a profit, or even get their money back. These aren't omega watches, they're just polystone things

Don't be so elitist that you think the piece you bought should be so exclusive and therefore more valuable. I buy what I like, because I want a good looking display. If I have to sell anything, I don't expect to make a profit
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:00 PM   #127
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Nobody should buy statues thinking they'll make a profit, or even get their money back. These aren't omega watches, they're just polystone things

Don't be so elitist that you think the piece you bought should be so exclusive and therefore more valuable. I buy what I like, because I want a good looking display. If I have to sell anything, I don't expect to make a profit
I think your point of view is comical. Just polystone things, eh?

Your statement above about this hobby is embarrassing and laughable.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:16 PM   #128
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

That is so dumb. If you don't care about provenance and value go buy a toy at Walmart. These are high end collectibles, of course we care about its value. Just because I care about the value of my home doesn't mean I go out and flip houses. Every Collector is different. Some people don't want to buy a darth vader statue with an ES of 10,000.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:24 PM   #129
Mammal
Blue Falcon

For real. If you just want something pretty but worthless, buy a 3D printer.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:57 AM   #130
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

If Prime 1 really wants to trigger collectors, they should include a brand new portrait with the 1/4, one that doesn't look like the Punisher. One that inspires hope. This would please me greatly.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote