Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #121
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by crom's_anvil View Post
Rather than speak to the emotion Conan may be feeling in what is obviously a berserker frenzy (painting or sculpture), I would rather consider the MASTERPIECE that this sculpture is becoming! This sculpture in my humble opinion is Clay's legacy in the making!!! Frazetta's magnum opus is "The Barbarian" which Clay captured beautifully, but "The Conquer" translates much better to sculpture. This Sculpture is the embodiment of aggression and very dynamic, while "The Barbarian" is boring in comparison. Clay has quite obviously poured his heart out into this sculpture, and to that I say to Clay...Don't let anything get in your way of this history in the making!!!!
I see you have Excellent taste in sculpts...Welcome to the Forum..
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #122
'Nuff

That being said...How can you call this boring...?...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=58818
Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #123
crom's_anvil
Doh!

O.K. it's awesome too!!!
crom's_anvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #124
'Nuff

Quote:
O.K. it's awesome too!!!
It's tied for my favorite piece along with another one Clay's Brother Paul painted for me...I will have Paul paint "The Conqueror" for me as well...He's the absolute best at what he does...
Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #125
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nothing of this earth be it sculpture or painting of the past present or future will ever make "The Barbarian" in comparison boring, thanks for setting him straight NUFF and welcome to the forum croms anvil.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #126
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Rather than speak to the emotion Conan may be feeling in what is obviously a berserker frenzy (painting or sculpture), I would rather consider the MASTERPIECE that this sculpture is becoming! This sculpture in my humble opinion is Clay's legacy in the making!!! Frazetta's magnum opus is "The Barbarian" which Clay captured beautifully, but "The Conquer" translates much better to sculpture. This Sculpture is the embodiment of aggression and very dynamic, while "The Barbarian" is boring in comparison. Clay has quite obviously poured his heart out into this sculpture, and to that I say to Clay...Don't let anything get in your way of this history in the making!!!!
boring?? silly boy! welcome to the forum silly boy!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #127
crom's_anvil
Doh!

"The Barbarian" is a masterpiece and in my opinion the best sculpture at the present time. Imagine for a moment that you had never been exposed to Frazetta or Clay's work (so you are unbiased), and you walked into a room that was empty except for two sculptures. Walking up to them you notice how beautifully rendered they both are. You notice one is of a warrior who is battle weary and has his arms at his sides while the other statue is of a warrior flinging himself into battle with arms ready to fight. Now, your eyes would naturally be drawn to the statue with action.
I really don't like to post and prefer to read, but I just had to let Clay know what an awesome job he is doing with "The Conqueror". I'll shut up now and let you guys have the thread back.
crom's_anvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #128
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
"The Barbarian" is a masterpiece and in my opinion the best sculpture at the present time. Imagine for a moment that you had never been exposed to Frazetta or Clay's work (so you are unbiased), and you walked into a room that was empty except for two sculptures. Walking up to them you notice how beautifully rendered they both are. You notice one is of a warrior who is battle weary and has his arms at his sides while the other statue is of a warrior flinging himself into battle with arms ready to fight. Now, your eyes would naturally be drawn to the statue with action.
I really don't like to post and prefer to read, but I just had to let Clay know what an awesome job he is doing with "The Conqueror". I'll shut up now and let you guys have the thread back.
I have to say I was turned onto all the Frazetta Conan Pics and the Death Dealer pics at the same time and I was unbiased and The Barbarian and the Death Dealer 1 is the one that stuck out in my head from that very first time, I wasnt blown away by the berserker as much as the Barbarian blew me away, something about that pose that just says Conan and what he is all about same with the DD1.

And there is no need to shut up my friend if you have an opinion speak your mind, I know I like to hear from people with great taste like yourself.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #129
pspiwak@sbcglob
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
boring?? silly boy! welcome to the forum silly boy!
Yeagh it kick's butt !!!
pspiwak@sbcglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #130
'Nuff

Quote:
Mebbe it's just me...But I'd go to the one with the nekkid babe...