Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #121
Royd
Producer
Producer

If people are prepared to pay Dell'Otto's asking prices then the demand must be there and both sides are obviously happy with the transaction. I still find his pricing a little extreme but am in the minority Best,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #122
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
If people are prepared to pay Dell'Otto's asking prices then the demand must be there and both sides are obviously happy with the transaction. I still find his pricing a little extreme but am in the minority Best,

Royd
That's pretty much it. Its all supply vs demand. At $500 a pop, Dell Otto's list will fill up in minutes.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #123
Royd
Producer
Producer

Heheh, if I was remotely interested in acquiring a piece of his art, at his prices, I'd only be able to afford the one con sketch for the whole con! Thankfully, my interests lie with other artists within my budget Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
That's pretty much it. Its all supply vs demand. At $500 a pop, Dell Otto's list will fill up in minutes.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #124
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Heheh, if I was remotely interested in acquiring a piece of his art, at his prices, I'd only be able to afford the one con sketch for the whole con! Thankfully, my interests lie with other artists within my budget Best,

Royd
Heck with all your artist friends you don't need money half the time. You lucky dog.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #125
Royd
Producer
Producer

LOL! If not for their generosity, I couldn't afford to be in the hobby! I envy you guys being able to attend US-based cons. I'd love to get back to San Diego Con (last visit was in 2002) or maybe Heroes Con so I could catch up with the Gaijin boys. *Dreaming of San Diego, sigh* Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Heck with all your artist friends you don't need money half the time. You lucky dog.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #126
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL! If not for their generosity, I couldn't afford to be in the hobby! I envy you guys being able to attend US-based cons. I'd love to get back to San Diego Con (last visit was in 2002) or maybe Heroes Con so I could catch up with the Gaijin boys. *Dreaming of San Diego, sigh* Best,

Royd
I haven't missed a San Diego show since 1991. Its easy for me as its only an hour drive to get there. I only started collecting art seriously in the last couple of years. Before that I would just get a commission here and there. Mainly it was due to what I could afford back then.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #127
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
While I have an appreciation for Dell'Otto's work, my appreciation doesn't extend to that level of pricing! For someone who's still relatively new, I also consider his pricing unreasonable and wonder how much of his original work is selling or whether most of it remains unsold? Just my 2 cents. Best,

Royd
I think for what you get at a convention it is well worth it. The guy is a genius and his art transends comic art.

http://www.dellotto.it/#
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #128
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

In case anyone is interested, there is a bunch of Dell Otto originals for sale on comicartfans.com
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #129
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I've seen them. Its not clear on the annilliation covers if they are all for that price or are they each? Love the Spidey piece but i am going to hold off for the con. I do like the Gamora cover though.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #130
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I've seen them. Its not clear on the annilliation covers if they are all for that price or are they each? Love the Spidey piece but i am going to hold off for the con. I do like the Gamora cover though.
The Ronan/Gamora cover is nice!

The way I read it was the 4 covers are 1 painting but maybe I'm wrong.

I'll wait and try my luck at San Diego.....then we'll see.