Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #121
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Mods can we get the title of this thread changed to "DCDirect possibly taking over Sideshow"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #122
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Trust me the whole game will change come this summer.... change is in the works.... big time...
Maybe announcements will be made at SDCC!? C'mon Koto, make DC sculpts at the right scale!!! I think all us collectors have been waiting for a company to make DC characters in a scale similar to the Danger Room line. Let's get it done Erick and Koto!!!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #123
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Here's my predictions:

Koto will announce a DC or WB partnership at SDCC. Possibly a WB license because Erick is working on a Christopher Reeves looking Superman. I think the announcement will be during SDCC because the fact that he states, "The whole game will change this summer....blah blah blah." Summer = SDCC.

Another reason why I think this is that it states, "Check back for new product announcements!" in the 2011 Koto release schedule for the month of September and on, which is coincidentally after summer.

I hope it's a full on DC license and not just a WB/DC license that limits Koto to just DC movie properties. I want to see comic style DC character statues and I'm sure most of you all collectors would agree.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #124
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Here's my predictions:

Koto will announce a DC or WB partnership at SDCC. Possibly a WB license because Erick is working on a Christopher Reeves looking Superman. I think the announcement will be during SDCC because the fact that he states, "The whole game will change this summer....blah blah blah." Summer = SDCC.

Another reason why I think this is that it states, "Check back for new product announcements!" in the 2011 Koto release schedule for the month of September and on, which is coincidentally after summer.

I hope it's a full on DC license and not just a WB/DC license that limits Koto to just DC movie properties. I want to see comic style DC character statues and I'm sure most of you all collectors would agree.
Yeah lots of collectors including me collect only the comic versions of the characters! please make me lots of DC villains, Erick, I remember that you used to sculpt a Doomsday statue which looked fantastic and big! There are so many cool DC villains.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #125
bjread
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

DCD did reveal 3 more lines worth of GL figures at Toy Fair to be released DEC 2011 and into 2012
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #126
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
No, it's real. WB is going to buy a company like SSC so they can keep more of the money from the merchandise that goes along with movies and such.
I wonder how will that turn out. Does it mean whichever company that WB buys will limit to making only DC products?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #127
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
I wonder how will that turn out. Does it mean whichever company that WB buys will limit to making only DC products?
That might be the case because the other movies studios would get involved too.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #128
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
No, it's real. WB is going to buy a company like SSC so they can keep more of the money from the merchandise that goes along with movies and such.
I'hope this is true so that SSC will make us great DC statues. However, SSC carries many other licenses too. how will that work out with WB?
Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #129
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Here's my predictions:

Lol.. I wish...
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #130
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Maybe announcements will be made at SDCC!? C'mon Koto, make DC sculpts at the right scale!!! I think all us collectors have been waiting for a company to make DC characters in a scale similar to the Danger Room line. Let's get it done Erick and Koto!!!
Guys please remember, I am no longer an official spokesman for Koto if anything I will become an official spokesman for my own line of stuff, (which is the new direction in my career) you'll see
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote