Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #121
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
I was watching G4 today, the gaming channel, and a scroll on the bottom read that analysts are predicting GTA4 will outsell Halo3 in the first week.
I'm a little skeptical about that for the same reason R rated movies dont make top box office numbers hardly ever...granted Halo is rated M I think? But GTA is alot more senseless violence and has harsh language as well....I can see parents letting their kids play halo, and not letting them NEAR GTA...I may be wrong, but its JMO/....
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #122
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Game developer trashes PS3;

Quote:
...calling the system "a waste of everyone's time" in Edge magazine last week. Newell continued, saying, "Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits. There's nothing there that you're going to apply to anything else. You're not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they've created. I don't think they're going to make money off their box. I don't think it's a good solution."
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/va...waste-of-time/
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #123
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thats the guy from valve. He knows what he's on about and doesn't care what the companies think.

I have to agree with him.. Sony have gone off on their own on this one, instead of sticking with the way the market is going. Even AMD follow Intels models, but make their parts cheaper.

Sony's architecture is so out there that you have to learn a whole massively complicated language to do simple things.

Bad move Sony!
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #124
snappahead
Producer
Producer

They said the same things about he PS2 and we all know how that turned out. Sony will win on brand name alone. They own large portions of Europe and all of Japan. That's all that matters. This development issue isn't going to be a factor in it's success.

I don't agree with Sony's decisions in their hardware, but they know it won't matter too. I'll be honest...I want Sony to lose this go around. Lose big. Not so big that they're out of the next cycle, but big enough that they get their act together for the next war. When one team wins three in a row, it's not a rivalry, it's a beat down and I don't want to see that.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #125
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

As a PS3 man i hope they don't lose and in all honesty i would hate to see any company go out of business over a games console. Why would people who bought PS2 not support a new system if it is going to provide ground breaking games?

That article posted by Endless strikes me to have been written by an Anti-Sony person (is that you General)
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #126
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
As a PS3 man i hope they don't lose and in all honesty i would hate to see any company go out of business over a games console. Why would people who bought PS2 not support a new system if it is going to provide ground breaking games?

That article posted by Endless strikes me to have been written by an Anti-Sony person (is that you General)
I thought you were a BD man, Bulls. The success or failure of the PS3 and BD format are linked, but not the same as you know.

I think the "ground breaking" thing is a bit of a ...what's the right term....crock, I guess would work. I really don't think anything on the PS3 or 360 is going to be groundbreaking. But you are right that brand loyalty will be a very big part of the PS3's success.

Calling someone out on posting an anti Sony article? Didn't you just post an anti-360 article about LA Noir being "too big for the 360"?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #127
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

How was it anti-xbox it was just giving the facts. The other post was someones opinion. Difference No?

PS3 man in that i have one and would like to get a few more games. I am really enjoying to console and with a few more nice titles coming out before Christmas.

I'm glad your enjoying your xbox and i hope you enjoy it for many years to come S.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #128
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
How was it anti-xbox it was just giving the facts. The other post was someones opinion. Difference No?

PS3 man in that i have one and would like to get a few more games. I am really enjoying to console and with a few more nice titles coming out before Christmas.

I'm glad your enjoying your xbox and i hope you enjoy it for many years to come S.
The mere fact that you went to the trouble to post it is anti-360. You know that...I know that, but you'll never admit it..it's good though. I enjoy playing this game with you, Bulls.

I didn't think you played games?

As you should know by now...I have a PS3 too and will be enjoying BOTH for many years to come.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #129
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

But you did post an anti-Sony sentiment above which would mean i would end up with a piece of crock so you will forgive me if i don't agree with that sentiment. I posted that thread in response to a similar thread claiming that the PS3 was too expensive to develop for. I am all for the balance in the Universe
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #130
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
But you did post an anti-Sony sentiment above which would mean i would end up with a piece of crock so you will forgive me if i don't agree with that sentiment. I posted that thread in response to a similar thread claiming that the PS3 was too expensive to develop for. I am all for the balance in the Universe
Wha? So in essence, you feel it's your duty to come to Sony's defense whenever someone makes a "anti-Sony sentiment"? Gotcha

A piece of crock? I have one too! It's not in my best interest to wish for my money to be wasted. I just don't want Sony to win this cycle. Even if Sony did lose this cycle, that wouldn't stop them from making a good game library. The original XBox got creamed, but I still had a ton of fun with it.