Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #121
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
There is one coming up in either the next heritage or comiclink auction
Thanks! That one is # 21 by Infantino and Austin. There is also a really nice Buscema/Palmer page. Both at Comiclink. Guess I could try for one or the other.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #122
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs1162 View Post
The only one I have seen was a Milgrom cover in Michael Finn's collection.

Enjoy!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...749&GSub=64710
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #123
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Nice! Figures that one of the 3 Kirby Nova covers would be in the hands of Fish! Thanks Bill!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:14 AM   #124
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
Well, aside from the "spend less money" resolution, I thought I should add actual art goals for the year, as well. If only to keep myself on task later in the year...heh.
1. Valkyrie/Hela painted commission from Enric Torres-Prat. Basically still the same number 1 as last year....I can never get around to saving up enough for it.
2. Eddy Barrows Valkyrie. He's become one of my favourite artists, but I have yet to attend a show he's been at. Think he'd be perfect for a Valkyrie piece.
3. Mahmud Asrar Steampunk Valkyrie. Been wanting this for a long time, but again, never see him at a show. The steampunk versions he's done of other characters (particularly his Supergirl) are awesome.
4. Ivan Reis. Anything that might fit into my collection. He's pretty much my favourite regular comic artist right now, and I don't have a single piece by him!
5. Rags Morales Valkyrie commission. He's been putting out some fantastic commissions, and I'd really love a Val from him.

And those are the ones I can think of right now, probably forgetting one or 2.
Coming up on the last month of the year, thought it was time I looked back at my goals for the year. Shortly after posting this resolution/want list, I started getting more into collecting Gamora and Guardians of the Galaxy art, so while I didn't cross off all of my wants this year, I did get some pieces I absolutely love. I managed to cross off #1 on my list (woohoo!) and number 3. Also, I was able to pick up an awesome Ebas copic piece that I'd forgotten on this original listing, but I believe added to a post a bit later in the thread. So, its looking like Barrows, Reis, and Morales will all still be on next year's list!
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #125
BillC
Hellboy

...is it too soon for a 2015 art resolutions thread?

Although I of course still want to review how 2014 went
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #126
risingstar
Jedi Order

I'm still waiting for my last 2014 piece to ship!

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #127
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I'm still waiting for my last 2014 piece to ship!

I am waiting to bid on some art in the last big auction of the year.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #128
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Saw this thread and thought I should go back and see how I stood since January. Turns out I didn't put anything down, so I'm good! Resolution met and exceeded!
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #129
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Damn. Looks like that Ottley commission isn't gonna happen. Don't think he's coming this month to the Fan Fest thing. Gonna have to be priority #1 in 2015. I can say that I dominated the Invincible OA market this year, that was huge. So, 50%. Meh.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #130
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well, one final look at 2014. All in all, its been a pretty fantastic year for me. While I only knocked off 2 of the 5 resolutions that I'd posted (when I made the posting, I'd left a couple of things off, as usual), I managed to add a bunch of pieces to my growing Gamora/GotG collection. Also, long time goals of an Asrar Steampunk Valkyrie and the Enric Torres-Prat Valkyrie/Hela commission were knocked off, and that alone would have made me happy for the year. And finally, in the last week, I was able to add a Paul Pelletier Squirrel Girl cover that I've been drooling over for years (new thread for that just posted). It's really going to be difficult for 2015 to top my 2014 in terms of art acquired, as I think I need to cut back on the spending just a bit. Hope everybody else's 2014s were just as fantastic!
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote