Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-17-2023, 01:15 PM   #121
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
There?s an authorized list? Who?s on it?
The same ones you’ve seen repeated over and over through the years. Remember when they basically started back over a few years ago with Magneto? Who came after that?.Punisher. Sideshow started back over in the same exact order as they started with in 2008

Adding new characters adds to the overall cost of the license at renegotiation
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:29 PM   #122
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
With the detail of the Penguin, I wonder if we will get a new Dr. Freeze?
Doubtful, it took so long for them to do the one, and it took sometime for them to sell 1,500. If they did it probably won't be for another 5-10 years. Unless it becomes crazy priced on the second hand market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
There?s no Nightwing because it?s probably not on their authorized character list. That?s why Sideshow keeps recycling the same characters
It's a good guess but we don't really know, it could also be some WB/DC executive only making safe decisions like every movie version of batman have a pf.

I would appreciate the feed back of "hey were working on acquiring the license if enough interest". But it seems like we have to wait for the right executive to say "ok we've got 3rd revisit of the main sellers now we can do this character which may or may not sell much. On the 4th revisit will do this one maybe?"
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #123
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
The same ones you?ve seen repeated over and over through the years. Remember when they basically started back over a few years ago with Magneto? Who came after that?.Punisher. Sideshow started back over in the same exact order as they started with in 2008

Adding new characters adds to the overall cost of the license at renegotiation
Ink, good to see you posting!

Its probably a combination of characters that are approved, and characters they are required to do every so often to keep the license active. Marvel may want a Wolverine piece no less than every three years or some such. Back when Igo was still at SS he had said they didn't really have a restriction on who they could make, but it didn't mean there wasn't a restriction on who would get approved (think long timeline on the first Jean to get approved, which was a simple piece).

Also they probably have to sell X-number of pieces under the license and you will only hit those numbers with a healthy dose of heavy hitters.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:37 PM   #124
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I was just being a dumb@$$. Two-Face, Ra?s and Man-Bat are my top picks.
Man-Bat maquette for the win. Make him BIG with two sets of wings - one set outstretched and the other set closed.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 07:37 PM   #125
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

After zooming in on this is it just me or does his entire jacket look like mixed media? Man I hope not.
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 07:59 PM   #126
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
After zooming in on this is it just me or does his entire jacket look like mixed media? Man I hope not.
Knowing Sideshow, yes it's most likely a fabric jacket.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:20 PM   #127
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
jacket looks like mixed media complete
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:00 PM   #128
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Why would one think that the over coat wouldn't be mixed media. Being that it's a Premium Format, and a Sideshow statue. This would be a perfect time to add a tailored coat to this statue.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:14 PM   #129
SONICobra
Batman

The last two joker premium formats have fully sculpted suits and some of their 1/5 scale statues have mixed media elements. Scale doesn’t designate the use of mixed media

I get why people don’t like cut and sew elements but I think they can look cool when done right. I personally like what it adds to this piece
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:35 PM   #130
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Agree?.BUT?.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
The last two joker premium formats have fully sculpted suits and some of their 1/5 scale statues have mixed media elements. Scale doesn?t designate the use of mixed media

I get why people don?t like cut and sew elements but I think they can look cool when done right. I personally like what it adds to this piece
I agree with this statement?.., however, my concern comes from a place of consistency?..

For example?.

I recently got my Rogue PF and not much later in the following week received my Harley Quinn Hell on Wheels?..

So??.

As you all already know, Rogue?s jacket is beautifully sewn, I am confused at the artistic direction, choice and relevance?. When a week later I get the Hell on Wheels and low and behold?.. her jacket is sculpted?.??!!??

So??..

Clearly the Harley jacket looks great (IMO) as does the Rogue??. but who makes the final decision?. And WHY???? I mean Harley has a sculpted jacket BUT mixed media Pom poms on her skates?.. and Rogue has a fabric jacket and sculpted everything else?..

Is it a question of skill, laziness, artistic license, ?? Just strange as I am not sure if truly why?..??

For Oswald?. I am good either way on the jacket.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote