Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 06-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #121
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I personally doubt he was a sexual predator but more likely someone who had no boundaries with regard to what was appropriate with children. He may have shared a bed with these kids much like kids share a bed with a friend they are visiting or while out camping. That for me is totally unacceptable and he should have known better. The more I saw of the guy on the TV the more I was convinced he is living on a different planet to you or I.

He was badly advised by his friends and management with regards to his relationship with kids. And the parents sending their kids to his Neverland should have known better.

IF he was a paedophile then I hope he rots in hell. If he wasn't a paedophile then I hope he makes it past the pearly gates.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #122
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I personally doubt he was a sexual predator but more likely someone who had no boundaries with regard to what was appropriate with children. He may have shared a bed with these kids much like kids share a bed with a friend they are visiting or while out camping. That for me is totally unacceptable and he should have known better. The more I saw of the guy on the TV the more I was convinced he is living on a different planet to you or I.

He was badly advised by his friends and management with regards to his relationship with kids. And the parents sending their kids to his Neverland should have known better.
I feel the same way, Robert. Well said.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #123
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

IF he was a paedophile then I hope he rots in hell. If he wasn't a paedophile then I hope he makes it past the pearly gates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I feel the same way, Robert. Well said.
Ditto.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #124
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The death of Michael Jackson saddens me as he was a Extraordinary Performer, Singer, Dancer and all around Human Being. Also Michael music was a big part of our childhood growing up in the 70's & 80's and he just became a house hold name.

Know one truly knows what kind of demons Michael was still trying to overcome leading up to his death as the Media, Press, & Paparazzi never really gave Michael a moment of piece and this can take a toll on anyone especially when you already have a lot on your plate.

You can say what you want to say about the King Of Pop but there will never be another Michael Jackson... He will forever live not only through his music but in the hearts of millions of fans throughout the world.

Thanks for all the great times Michael may you Rest in Piece your #1
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #125
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:

It's refreshing to see people not casting judgment without the evidence.

I've heard so many people and the media in particular spew a load of hate at Michael about the child abuse claims without knowing exactly what happened. He was found not guilty of course, but we'll never know what really happened behind those closed doors.

God, I was reading on another forum racist garbage aimed at him in particular to his skin colour. Yes, it's debatable why he changed his skin colour, but to spew racist comments is sickening.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #126
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

MJ, singer, song writer, entertainer, but mostly philathropist.

Say what you will about his quirkiness but he has done a lot of great things besides just his contribution to music.

Perfect example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #127
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well that's one way to look at it and that's how many people assume it's hush money if a famous/rich individual involved. Many times, cases are settled to save each party. The case could have taken years and gone through multiple appeals. That could have meant drawing the kid into multiple court battles that could have affected the kid as well as the immense cost the attorneys for both sides would run up. If they were so confident he was guilty and could have ended up with alot more and MJ in jail for child abuse, why settle at all?
There are appeals only if he were found guilty. Would his appeals have cost more than the settlements? I doubt it. I just have a hard time believing that MJ settled for the kids' benefit. He was protecting himself, whether he was guilty or not.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #128
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Michael Jackson King of Debt

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10528...g-of-debt.html
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #129
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Here's a good column written by Roger Ebert:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...LE%2F906259982