Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #13021
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I really like the movie too. Didn't have a great box office, but still good.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #13022
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I saw stardust just today on dvd, wow, great movie!
OMG .... you mean we FINALLY agree on liking the same movie?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #13023
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
I really like the movie too. Didn't have a great box office, but still good.
I mean this was SOOOO much better than spidey 3, shrek, or pirates. Those movies sold on hype, this had a great story, characters, original, great special effects.

I wish this movie did better
Old 01-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #13024
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
I loved Stardust thought it was a great movie... i want to rent it and watch it again...
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #13025
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
Well I did go and see Cloverfield yesterday... I really liked it... The rest of my group hated it... I thought it was very well done... The group I went with didn't like the way it was filmed at all... they didn't like the fact that it was filmed like a camcorder, all the motion, and stuff got on their nerves... they hated the fact that you never saw any other perspective of what was going on besides what was filmed from the camcorder...

I thought it was really cool how all the info you get is the same as if you were there with the group, or you were watching the video later... there are no cut aways to show you what or where the creature came from, or what the army is doing... all the info you get is what the group was seeing as if you were really there with them, or watching the video later... but they don't give you any more information than what that group has... some people will hate that cause it does leave a lot of stuff unanswered and you may even feel a little confused through a lot of the movie... but that is how you would feel if you were really there in that situation... and I guess that is one reason I liked it so much, you could really feel what those people would have been feeling in that situation...

I am just rambling... but I would say it is worth seeing... but if you go on statistics, with my group out of 5 people; 1 liked it, 4 hated it...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #13026
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
I saw stardust just today on dvd, wow, great movie!
Quote:
OMG .... you mean we FINALLY agree on liking the same movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I mean this was SOOOO much better than spidey 3, shrek, or pirates. Those movies sold on hype, this had a great story, characters, original, great special effects.

I wish this movie did better

Stardust was a terrific movie. So good, in fact, that I did not mind the HUGE deviation it makes from the illustrated novel. The changes they made were necessary to a cinematic version, and weren't so out of character that it made the last third of the movie intolerable. Quite, quite, the opposite.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mike! And thanks for the Cloverfield review, malkii! I love movies where you only know as much as the lead characters. (War of the Worlds, because it followed that kind of format, beat out the fact that Tom Cruise was the star.)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #13027
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkii View Post
I am just rambling... but I would say it is worth seeing... but if you go on statistics, with my group out of 5 people; 1 liked it, 4 hated it...
I went to go and see it as well and it was an OVER-WHELMING 4-0 ratio that hated itin our group ... and if the *****ing from the audience leaving the theater was any example, I'd say that ratio worked pretty much the same way exponentially.

People leaving the theater were actually telling the people in line waiting to see it to "go back before it was too late" and to "pick another movie" ... I heard the words "THAT SUCKED" and "WTF?" repeatedly all the way out to the car!

I should have gone to see 27 Dresses DAMN IT!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #13028
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
War of the Worlds, because it followed that kind of format, beat out the fact that Tom Cruise was the star.
I wouldn't go quite that far.

Loved the story (one of my all time favorites), and I was REALLY happy they included the Red Weed, something that has been left out of A LOT of other incarnations of the story, but Cruise just ruined what little enjoyment I could have gotten out of the film for me.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #13029
superdoug
Minister of ROT

I guess I'm a freak. Even with all the people talking about how bad it is, and how disappointed they were in it, I just want to see Cloverfield all the more. I'm sorry you didn't like it, Jesse, but it looks like a fantastic movie to me.

27 Dresses, however, I believe I can wait for it to arrive on cable, despite James Marsden's smoking hotness in the trailers.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #13030
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I guess I'm a freak. Even with all the people talking about how bad it is, and how disappointed they were in it, I just want to see Cloverfield all the more. I'm sorry you didn't like it, Jesse, but it looks like a fantastic movie to me.
That's what I thought going into it.
Closed Thread