Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #1321
Phart007
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Phart007 - Great Vader and I'm very happy for you except feel bad you got bad defective base and QC didn't catch this because that looks like that happened before it went into packaging to be shipped to you! See if you can find small chipped piece in box, also not that you should or have to do this when paying this kind of money you can always fix and take credit too... But take pictures now and see what sideshow says but my guess is you may just get partial refund.. Good luck

Sarah
If they can't supply me with a replacement base then I'll be going the full refund route.

I could've kinda put up with minor imperfections when these were $300, but at these prices they expect you to be happy with a $25-30 credit. I don't think so !

2nd PF in a row now that has turned up damaged. Fett had a small piece broken off the backpack & is barely noticeable, but the damage on the base on this sticks out like a sore thumb.
Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #1322
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post
If they can't supply me with a replacement base then I'll be going the full refund route.

I could've kinda put up with minor imperfections when these were $300, but at these prices they expect you to be happy with a $25-30 credit. I don't think so !

2nd PF in a row now that has turned up damaged. Fett had a small piece broken off the backpack & is barely noticeable, but the damage on the base on this sticks out like a sore thumb.
I agree. That would be very frustrating. I'm sure they'll be ale to help you with a base replacement.

Did they replace the Boba Fett backpack or just offer a credit?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #1323
Phart007
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I agree. That would be very frustrating. I'm sure they'll be ale to help you with a base replacement.

Did they replace the Boba Fett backpack or just offer a credit?
With Fett I settled on a $30 credit as it was repairable. Vader's base I could live with if it was at the back or on the side. I don't have much luck with replacements, they are either not available or don't fit properly.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #1324
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
It was already calculated that Sideshow got the heights right perfectly. Don't let pics fool you.

Boba is much closer to the lens in that pic, and he is also standing higher than Vader on his base.
Excellent news.

I do know that photos angle and distance has a lot to do with it. It's good to that sideshow confirmed that they got the scale correct. I'll be able to see for myself even more once I open mine and set them up side-by-side to compare.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #1325
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
With Fett I settled on a $30 credit as it was repairable. Vader's base I could live with if it was at the back or on the side. I don't have much luck with replacements, they are either not available or don't fit properly.
I don't like that. At these prices, we shouldn't even have to worry about this.

Keep us updated! Best of luck...
Old 08-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #1326
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Yeah, there's no way I'd take a credit on that, it throws off the whole base. I really hope they'll be fair with you. Their customer service has improved quite a bit over the last few months (in my experience). I have received two statues with issues and was treated fairly in both cases with a three day or less response time. My fingers are crossed for you.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #1327
Phart007
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnyne View Post
Yeah, there's no way I'd take a credit on that, it throws off the whole base. I really hope they'll be fair with you. Their customer service has improved quite a bit over the last few months (in my experience). I have received two statues with issues and was treated fairly in both cases with a three day or less response time. My fingers are crossed for you.
Yeah, there's no way I'm keeping it looking like that.
Good to know, sounds positve.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I don't like that. At these prices, we shouldn't even have to worry about this.

Keep us updated! Best of luck...
Just had a response, which is alot quicker than I expected to be honest.

They've offered me $50 credit for the damaged base which I have declined.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #1328
DingleDangle
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I wonder if this is a problem on SS's end or it's the fact that it's being shipped across the pond, a lot can happen in that travel time. Either way- SS has no excuse for not providing A+ packaging at these prices.

I've said this in other threads, if i'm not "WOW'd" by Red Sonja ($550) and Luthor's ($520) quality I'm going for a full refund and I won't be purchasing from SS till they set things straight. These prices are ludicrous/unjustafiable unless I see a big change in QC, especially during these trying times.
DingleDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #1329
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I'd be fine with a credit if it actually covered the cost of getting it repaired properly.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #1330
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Just had a response, which is alot quicker than I expected to be honest.

Take the full refund then order another one. They like to play games with a product that has such a huge edition size? Show them you know how to play the game too.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote