Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #1331
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

28 of 500 arrived today.....
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #1332
Rhye
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow all such low numbers, I want to get a low number for once.

Mine came with some damages, head and ponytales have little chips, one ponytale doesn't fit very well even and both her left arms don't fit properly. Kinda loose.
Will be asking for a replacements for those.
Rhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #1333
ComputerFly
The Phantom

First, some Baby Doll pics:

The portrait is really well done. I don't think the portrait is any more accurate than the GG BD, but the paint makes it feel much more 'alive', which I think some people confuse with 'accuracy'. The braided scabbard strap is very nicely done, as well as the leather holster. I also like the decal they put on the pistol. But no matter how well the portrait is done, other places on the statue fall short. The base is hollow and feels uber-cheap, but it's still a cool sculpt and adds to the dynamics of the pose. The cloth is super thin and lightweight/see-through. The sword is the cheapest of cheap plastic, with a decal. In comparison, I've shown the GG sword, which is made completely out of metal and has the carved relief cast into the blade, side-by-side with the SS sword. Also, the paint 'finish' is no where near the level of the GG piece. The hands for example are unfinished looking on the SS BD.. full of material between the fingers, and just not finished well, where as the GG piece is expertly finished, and look like real hands. I've included a picture of the stockings on both so you can see how perfectly painted and finished the GG piece is compared to the SS piece. It's that type of professional quality that takes the GG SP girls to the next level.

While the SS BD's portait might be better overall than the GG BD, that's where SS's advantage really ends. I think GG was feeling out the market with their BD, and even though the paint finish is impeccable, they could have went a little further into the detailing, both on her portrait paint, and into defining the straps on the scabbard strap a little better, sculpture-wise. The other 4 girls FAR exceed BD, on a detail scale. That's how I know BD could have been even better.

ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #1334
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats CF on your new addition to your collection. Now that I have seen this side by side with Baby Doll Gentle Giant, the SIdeshow version does not look very impressive. I am glad that i skipped this one.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #1335
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats to everybody that got this piece!
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1336
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Thanks for the pics CF, the GG has really a bad likeness IMO, i don't like his face.

SS statue + GG sword = perfect statue!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #1337
ComputerFly
The Phantom

AB, the GG doesn't have a really bad likeness. What it has is a lack of paint detail. I'm sure if it was painted by a pro, it would be dead-on depending on what picture of Babydoll you were using to compare. I define 'likeness' as 'are the features of her face correct?', not 'does it look how I think it should look'.

But I do understand your dislike of the face...

ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #1338
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Its nice to see someone else who thinks like me, the paint up, the detail and over all finish, the GG piece way outshines the SS.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #1339
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The GG version does have its own outlook. BD is depressed and face feature fits her well. The SS version is an action pose and depicts her face feature stunning. Two different lloks. Both are nice. But SS's is way better.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1340
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yeah I agree I like sideshows better too but that's my opinion! The face on gg looks off to me for some reason!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote