Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #1361
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

What you guys need to understand is that if 1000 people send an email at exactly 17:00:00 they are all technically 'on time', so the server will just randomly assort them in the in-box and we will just pick the first 99 even though all 1000 came in at the same time.

So there is always a bit of luck/lotto to these offers.

Its no different than if we set up a shopping cart. If 1000 people all tried to buy something on a shopping cart where only 99 pcs were available it would probably crash the servers.

I know this upsets some collectors who then say, if they cant get all the characters they dont want any of them, but what can we do ? If we make the ES high people get upset...if we make it low they get upset.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #1362
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

That must be quite the chore to sift through all the emails/multiple emails ppl will send you and find a unique 99 O_O
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #1363
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii JERRY!!!!!!! can you please sent out my COA for the original (#152), its been more then a month already, every week i been emailing SS staff (Ashley) and they keep saying that they are still waiting for you to sent it out and that you keep forgetting to sent them my COA so they can sent it to me once they received it from you. I was one of the first to get the statue with the missing COA. thanks jerry i hope you read this message and help fix this issue. i been waiting so long for it
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #1364
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
What you guys need to understand is that if 1000 people send an email at exactly 17:00:00 they are all technically 'on time', so the server will just randomly assort them in the in-box and we will just pick the first 99 even though all 1000 came in at the same time.

Its no different than if we set up a shopping cart. If 1000 people all tried to buy something on a shopping cart where only 99 pcs were available it would probably crash the servers.

I know this upsets some collectors who then say, if they cant get all the characters they dont want any of them, but what can we do ? If we make the ES high people get upset...if we make it low they get upset.
Your being fair and giving everyone an equal shot. You can't ask for anything more than that.
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #1365
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii JERRY!!!!!!! can you please sent out my COA for the original (#152), its been more then a month already, every week i been emailing SS staff (Ashley) and they keep saying that they are still waiting for you to sent it out and that you keep forgetting to sent them my COA so they can sent it to me once they received it from you. I was one of the first to get the statue with the missing COA. thanks jerry i hope you read this message and help fix this issue. i been waiting so long for it
152 of what ?
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #1366
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
152 of what ?
152/350 DARKCHYLDE

my statue number
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #1367
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

You're doing just fine Jerry. Anyone who cares about the integrity of your SF line appreciates the low ES.

I'd prefer it be low, even if that means I go empty handed.

But make no mistake. I'm going to get that Alex!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #1368
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Hate to flog a dead horse Jerry but I will anyway

The difference between a cart and email is that a cart is instantaneous. I click a button at 5pm PST and it registers my order at that exact time.

I can send an email at 5pm and it can take its time. It could for instance arrive to you at 5:01pm or even later.
Your inbox sorts the order based on when it receives the email, not when it was sent.
That's why people will want to send more than one email. They will want to start at 4:59pm and keep going until just gone 5pm. The hope is that, if there is a delay, their first email sent at 4:59pm will counter the lag and arrive at 5pm.

Regardless, "it is what it is" and I think everyone respects your sense of fair play. Looking forward to tomorrow evening!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #1369
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post

The difference between a cart and email is that a cart is instantaneous. I click a button at 5pm PST and it registers my order at that exact time.

I can send an email at 5pm and it can take its time. It could for instance arrive to you at 5:01pm or even later.
Your inbox sorts the order based on when it receives the email, not when it was sent.
That's why people will want to send more than one email. They will want to start at 4:59pm and keep going until just gone 5pm. The hope is that, if there is a delay, their first email sent at 4:59pm will counter the lag and arrive at 5pm.

Regardless, "it is what it is" and I think everyone respects your sense of fair play. Looking forward to tomorrow evening!
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Hold up a min... What is "tomorrow evening"?!

Did I miss somthing?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #1370
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post

This

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote