Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #1381
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'd LOVE a Savage Land Rogue and Storm

WOW! Never knew a savage land storm happened? I only remember the Jim lee comic rogue and that was it. Looks like they remade the series or something and added storm. Art work is stunning! wished rogue was more like that. Did you all see the comparison computer generated pics on titans fb page. Fergie was spot on top this rogue with the when they added Fergie's face to the statues face. both looked exact!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #1382
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
WOW! Never knew a savage land storm happened? I only remember the Jim lee comic rogue and that was it. Looks like they remade the series or something and added storm. Art work is stunning! wished rogue was more like that. Did you all see the comparison computer generated pics on titans fb page. Fergie was spot on top this rogue with the when they added Fergie's face to the statues face. both looked exact!
If true, I believe that's entirely coincidental on Sideshows part. You're giving them too much credit.

It's not like Sideshow has ever been able to accurately capture a real actress/celebrities likeness..... at least recently. The only close one imo was the Jyn Erso piece.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #1383
copywrite
Doh!

Quote:
The Savage Land was introduced like 15 years before Rogue even made her comic debut while Storm was leading the team.
copywrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #1384
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
The Savage Land was introduced like 15 years before Rogue even made her comic debut while Storm was leading the team.
CBG supposedly doesn't read comics. Only looks at the art.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #1385
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
SS May surprise us and tweak it to make her look 10-15 years younger to match her in the comics and tv show. Curious was fergie used as the model for this? Wonder why she became the choice?
lol comparatively in this photo, portrait wise she does look a bit older than emma and mystique, but your saying she should look 10-15 years younger, so i'm curious how old does rogue look to you?

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #1386
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I was a bit too old for X-Men cartoon, grew up on Claremont's and Byrne's X-Men run, and completely lost my $#/t when Lee's took over X-Men.

Look lads, she doesn't have an exeptionally beautiful face. But that's ok,as I mentioned before, not all of them have to. Tbh, I never thought of Rogue as a beautiful woman. She was a tomboy, with attitude, pretty but not overly, and I liked her that way. Psylocke and Storm were always (in my mind) the two women that were unbelievably beautiful, with Jean taking the 3rd spot
I love and grew up on the 90's xmen, however the claremont run is the definitive xmen for me.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #1387
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
I only remember the Jim Lee comics runnon x-men with rouge pics in the savage land along with Shanna and her boyfriend the caveman looking guy, plus the saber tooth tiger. Yes it was about 15 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
CBG supposedly doesn't read comics. Only looks at the art.
yes 100% true. I flip through all the pages and I can see the story play out. I just don’t have the patience to read anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
lol comparatively in this photo, portrait wise she does look a bit older than emma and mystique, but your saying she should look 10-15 years younger, so i'm curious how old does rogue look to you?

Isn’t rogue like 20-25? Here she’s already 40 plus!!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #1388
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I really don’t know what to feel about this Rogue Maquette. I love her pose and I like the regular portrait. But, the portrait doesn’t somehow seem to be “Rogue” like enough to me. IMO The price is a bit too much for this character too. I am not 100% happy about the statue so I feel very hesitant to invest $700 (more if you incude shipping and tax) on this statue. I am kind of worried that if I buy this statue, I will regret it later on.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:47 PM   #1389
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Lol. She doesn’t look old in this haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:42 AM   #1390
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Lol. She doesn’t look old in this haha
Dont know why people say she looks old...
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote