Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #1381
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
@Old Snake, may I know when did you cancel this? Hows that you were able to avoid being hit with NRD?

All of the 12 POs that I cancelled were hit with NRDs. Not sure I have the right to appeal.
Why did you cancel so many pos?[/QUOTE]

Same, When I requested to cancel 16 I was told I would lose my NRD on all of them. Even the ones delayed...

Sadly I have stopped purchasing PCS now until I see the final pieces.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #1382
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
@Old Snake, may I know when did you cancel this? Hows that you were able to avoid being hit with NRD?

All of the 12 POs that I cancelled were hit with NRDs. Not sure I have the right to appeal.
Why did you cancel so many pos?[/QUOTE]

I believe he stopped collecting.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:13 AM   #1383
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Ant on Facebook.

Quote:
Update on Shao Kahn shipping. Hit original port 2/9 then was pulled by customs for random exam. 2/15 arrives at Savannah port. Customs pulls the container and does a full exam removing all boxes from the container for inspection of the container and confirm all products are same/match our paperwork. Now FINALLY just waiting on the rail to pick the container up to send to us. Long story short is it looks like customs is getting more thorough to make sure everything is on the up and up. So glad to be licensed. But, FINALLY should be getting Shao Kahn soon.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #1384
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Ant on Facebook.
Ant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;
Update on Shao Kahn shipping. Hit original port 2/9 then was pulled by customs for random exam. 2/15 arrives at Savannah port. Customs pulls the container and does a full exam removing all boxes from the container for inspection of the container and confirm all products are same/match our paperwork. Now FINALLY just waiting on the rail to pick the container up to send to us. Long story short is it looks like customs is getting more thorough to make sure everything is on the up and up. So glad to be licensed. But, FINALLY should be getting Shao Kahn soon.

I seriously hate customs in all countries and are mostly corrupt. They are Always over charging and trying to tax the same "Good" multiple times because all countries are greedy when it comes to many BS TAX FEES... MANY TIMES TOO THEY WLL BE D***S by Holding items for a thorough inspection when they know theres nothing wrong with the Shao container at all.

A lot of times when customs do there inspection they dont care what the item is and will not treat it with care.
I just hope they didnt OPEN all the statue boxes and fittle around with customers statues. Then, repackage them like crap because thats what customs do. They SUCK! Be careful If you ever go to Brasil because my friend that lives there says there customs is very corrupt and spiteful.

I had a bad experience with Romanian customs. I once lost out on $400 to ship a package Express from Florida to România to a friend and after the UPS Store confirmed I was allowed to send chocolates as well as some other items; the ROMANIAN customs held the package without saying why. After a big mess of me trying to get them to release the package to my Friend they end up shipping it back to me. EVEN though UPS was wrong and after customs returned the package back to me they told UPS it was held because Chocolate or food is not allowed to be sent. They never told us that was the reason when Romanian customs were holding the package and only told us after they returned it. (NONSENSE)

Thanks to UPS after telling me for sure It is ok to ship chocolate there. I Even remember asking "Is everything Im sending allowed to be shipped there" and UPS confirmed it was ok. UPS has a huge Book with all countries to list what is allowed or not allowed to be shipped to that specific country and UPS assured me my package was good to send and would not have any issues with customs. When the package was returned UPS would not refund me and said Customs issues is not there fault and would not refund me because it's out of there hands...

The thing is UPS did not complete there service to deliver the package to my friend and I am the one to lose out on $400 express shipping for an item that was returned to me. My friend never got the package due to this because I couldn't afford to send it twice with such a steep price.. SHIPPERS AND CUSTOMS CAN GO TO HELL AND MEET MY LORD DARKNESS! Then Shao Kahn can FINISH THEM.

ITS amazing how Billion Dollar Companies like UPS make a mistake, have my package returned by customs when I did all the proper Requirements to release the package to my friend. They still did not release it to them but, instead sent it back to me.

I wouldnt be surprised If customs Even removed the Shao Kahn statues from their boxes and then after the inspection repackaged them very poorly.

Customs Please, Keep your nasty, dirty, careless hands Off our statues! Thanks
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #1385
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

So wait, customs opened each statue from their shipper and product boxes and manhandled them? That sucks. Does that ever happen in the LA port? This could be a downside of having moved to a region with a low traffic port.

I bet this never happens with action figures. For how much they cost, statue collectors always have to put up with more crap.

While not their fault, PCS should continue notifying us when customs does this.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #1386
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
So wait, customs opened each statue from their shipper and product boxes and manhandled them? That sucks. Does that ever happen in the LA port? This could be a downside of having moved to a region with a low traffic port.

I bet this never happens with action figures. For how much they cost, statue collectors always have to put up with more crap.

While not their fault, PCS should continue notifying us when customs does this.
I'm not sure if customs just opened the shipper boxes and confirmed the art boxes match the paperwork or if they open the art box as well as removing the statue from its styrofoam and then reseal it after they inspect the entire piece. They could possibly take the statues out of the art box and examine them. I guess Customs wanted to help out PCS by doing another thorough QC check.. lol

I'm not sure exactly how the customs process works in each country or what they fully examined for this shipment. What I do know is my friend travels a lot and they told me as well as me seeing it with my own eyes a few times that customs on many shipments will carelessly inspect items as well as definitely manhandling the goods. Customs will not care if they damage it or not when repacking it.

It seems to me that they opened all the statues in there styrofoam and examined them which sucks if they did. I defintely don't want customs opening up our nicely factory packaged items and then repacking them poorly.

ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #1387
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

so...have these started shipping yet or what?

does PCS actually let people know when their statues ship, or do they just show up at your house one day?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #1388
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
so...have these started shipping yet or what?

does PCS actually let people know when their statues ship, or do they just show up at your house one day?
You will get a shipping notification when they do ship it out.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #1389
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
You will get a shipping notification when they do ship it out.
That's how it is supposed to work but several times does not.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #1390
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That's how it is supposed to work but several times does not.
Never had a situation where that has happened to me and I've bought a good amount of statues from them. Although, I wouldn't be surprised it could still happen.

I would like to think not very often...
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote