Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #131
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Lol..... This is a pf, How is it a maquette??? This is a pf size just like rogue.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #132
eternalblue02
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lol..... This is a pf, How is it a maquette??? This is a pf size just like rogue.
It's the new standard thanks to Rogue. Shove a heavy metal rod into your statues butt because of its dynamic pose, call it a maquette and jack up the price. It worked once why not try it again.

Rogue and this look nice, but...
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #133
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
will likely be $795
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #134
MPCanes
The X-Men

I like XM pose as well, but the Sideshow (from this pic) wins. So far for me in the head to head:

Sideshow Gambit
Sideshow Colossus (thought TBH I don't love either)
XM Emma Frost
XM Sabertooth
XM Mystique
Sideshow Cable (and I own the XM piece lol but Cable's my top guy so will own both)

Won't compare any others as I don't think it's fair to compare XMs Wolverine w/ the most recent Sideshow, for example.

But again, everyone wins because you'll have your choice no matter what...
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #135
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Same. Ppl forget about his super human agility.

This SS/XM this year things reminds me of something. A Camaro or Corvette. One is a little bit better than the other but both are badass. Win/win.
Even many writers forget. I’ve seen Gambit in the comics dodge close range machine gun fire, strike faster than Wolverine and Daredevil, literally throw himself around. As far as agility is put him right under Spider-Man and Nightcrawler. I hesitate to say greater than Daredevil but Daredevil’s is still human level, Gambit’s is superhuman.

I like that this Maquette has him in a leaping pose, finally a large statue expressing that side of his character.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #136
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
I like XM pose as well, but the Sideshow (from this pic) wins. So far for me in the head to head:

Sideshow Gambit
Sideshow Colossus (thought TBH I don't love either)
XM Emma Frost
XM Sabertooth
XM Mystique
Sideshow Cable (and I own the XM piece lol but Cable's my top guy so will own both)

Won't compare any others as I don't think it's fair to compare XMs Wolverine w/ the most recent Sideshow, for example.

But again, everyone wins because you'll have your choice no matter what...
I agree with most of this. I’m not a fan of either Mystique for reasons but XM’s is better to me.

XM Gambit left me underwhelmed from the first time I saw it where this left me mostly satisfied.

I’m not a fan of the old face looking Gambit that statue companies tend to prefer, the XM heads to me are just ugly. I thought Gambit was supposed to be attractive? The maquette is almost perfect, just a little less crows feet around the eyes, but the pose is awesome.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #137
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Nice looking piece. I like the portrait and the card effect. Hope we get to see more pics soon.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #138
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
...and I can't see what folks see with XM's pose. I just can't...I think it looks great. shrug
Quote:
Aside from throwing his cards i find his action motion hard to read, not sure if he's about to jump or landing, or tossing his cards in a falling throw.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #139
101son
The Spirit

So far looks really really nice , I’ll have to get this regardless , I missed the OG PF and decided to pass on the XM because the pose and the inside layer on the coat bugged me.
But I need to see this statue from more angles , want to see how much he’s leaning/leaping forward.
Base intrigues me too , might be better suited pairing this with Magneto because of the Sentinel bases
Don’t know if it’s announced yet , but it’s gotta be a harbottle right ? I mean like all of his X-men characters he’s done we’re maquettes
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #140
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

This SS/XM this year things reminds me of something. A Camaro or Corvette. One is a little bit better than the other but both are badass. Win/win.
I'd say that's a fair comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Aside from throwing his cards i find his action motion hard to read, not sure if he's about to jump or landing, or tossing his cards in a falling throw.
I hear you, looks like he's launching upward to me...not having quite lifted off the base yet. Not sure how the bottom of the coat fits with that idea, but that's how I'm reading it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote