Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #131
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sorry to hear what happened to you Monel! I hope that you they get caught soon recover your stolen items soon in good condition. Just post a list of your stuff so that I can be on look out as well. Good luck man!
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #132
monel
Mephisto

working on it now almost done,thank you
monel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #133
bigsilva77
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You Guys keep saying whoever stole the stuff won't be able to sell it. Reality Check: These Thieves aren't going to ask for top Dollar, and will more than likely house the stuff in a room for a while till the story blows then start moving slowly to people they can Trust for Cheap. Very Cheap. Who knows maybe someone here will be that Guy to pay $200 for a $1k Statue and not care or report them. If they can't Locate the Thieves in less than a month, then their trail has gone cold, and he more than likely won't get any of it back.. Sorry but True
bigsilva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #134
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsilva77 View Post
You Guys keep saying whoever stole the stuff won't be able to sell it. Reality Check: These Thieves aren't going to ask for top Dollar, and will more than likely house the stuff in a room for a while till the story blows then start moving slowly to people they can Trust for Cheap. Very Cheap. Who knows maybe someone here will be that Guy to pay $200 for a $1k Statue and not care or report them. If they can't Locate the Thieves in less than a month, then their trail has gone cold, and he more than likely won't get any of it back.. Sorry but True
Some collectors will buy known recasts so I wouldn't put it past some to obtain grails from a "questionable" source.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #135
bigsilva77
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Some collectors will buy known recasts so I wouldn't put it past some to obtain grails from a "questionable" source.
Correct: That's the Sad part:
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #136
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The thing is a potential buyer won't have any way of even knowing they are stolen unless the victim has all the edition numbers and even then it would take someone comparing them. The thieves will have no problem selling these unfortunately, and they don't need to let them go for cheap.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #137
bigsilva77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The thing is a potential buyer won't have any way of even knowing they are stolen unless the victim has all the edition numbers and even then it would take someone comparing them. The thieves will have no problem selling these unfortunately, and they don't need to let them go for cheap.
Here in So. Cal they will sell Cheap. Correction. If you stole $75k worth, which sounds like a lot of stuff. You just want to get rid of the stuff. Your not going to hold onto to it till you get what the market is worth, when you didn't pay nothing for it. . Come on hellboy.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #138
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsilva77 View Post
Here in So. Cal they will sell Cheap. Correction. If you stole $75k worth, which sounds like a lot of stuff. You just want to get rid of the stuff. Your not going to hold onto to it till you get what the market is worth, when you didn't pay nothing for it. . Come on hellboy.
All I'm saying is they don't need to dump this stuff for cheap if they don't want to. Will they? Possibly, but that wasn't my point. People are acting like these collectibles will be difficult for the thieves to unload and I don't see any reason to believe they will be.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #139
monel
Mephisto

ok 1 i know that this was done by someone i know ,2.the hours where from 4pm till 7pm. i went work at 330pm that day my son called me at 820 pm to let me know what had happen.. 3 my dogs did not bark so that tells me my dogs know them 4 yes i think it was at least 3 maybe 4 pp...and last but lest i will not let this go till i find out who did this and find my my stuff..this story will not died !!!!!!!!!.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #140
monel
Mephisto

and yes alot of my statue where broken