Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #131
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
Please do not compare this masterpiece to that garbage Sideshow piece... I wouldn’t pay anything for that because it’s worthless. Chronicle’s version alone is 100x better than Sideshow’s lazy attempt and P1’s is without a doubt the best JP T-Rex statue ever made. I originally had my concerns, but quickly came to the understanding that this is intended to be a diorama representation of the entire fight/triumphant moment instead of being one specific second of the scene. It wraps up the whole climax into one.
I think you miss the point, I never said that Sideshow´s small and simple version is better then Prime 1´s, by the contrary, that even a "garbage piece" like Sideshow´s have a better logic concept, and a better scale then Prime 1´s "masterpiece", so it´s not so hard make it right, because you can see it even in a "garbage piece"

About make two scenes in one makes zero sense to me, the director´s timeline exist because it must have something happening for something else could happen after, in that case looks more like "I can´t decided wich one I want to make" "do both together, people don´t care about logic, it just need to look awsome!"
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #132
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
...looks more like ..."do both together, people don´t care about logic, it just need to look awsome!"
You managed to describe:
- Crichtons naming of "velociraptors"
- John Hammonds ethos
- the SW design of every dinosaur in film
- the parks design
- the specific scene of the film this statue tributes
- the statue
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #133
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
...looks more like "I can´t decided wich one I want to make" "do both together, people don´t care about logic, it just need to look awsome!"
That’s exactly what the climax fight is; so why not have this diorama do the same? Awesome climax = awesome statue. If someone doesn’t like the direction P1 has decided on for this scene than that’s ok. There is also Chronicle’s version and at some point Iron Studio’s version that they can purchase instead.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:03 AM   #134
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I asked prime 1 studios if you can display the Rotunda T Rex with or without the Raptor and banner, and they said the banner can be removed, but didn't say if the Raptor can be removed from the T Rex.
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:26 AM   #135
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Forgot to mention that I asked P1 if the Jurassic Park logo on the base can be removed, and they said no.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #136
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
You managed to describe:
- Crichtons naming of "velociraptors"
- John Hammonds ethos
- the SW design of every dinosaur in film
- the parks design
- the specific scene of the film this statue tributes
- the statue
What you point in that list was things that was created to tell a big history, helping make the movie and the book great, everything was plan before to make the whole thing you see, they exist in their internal logic. They wanted to look awsome and made the way you see.

Now with this statue is diferent, they want to change that, like if the scene of the movie wasn´t enough, they want to change and make that look even more awesome, but finished looking confusing, so yes seems like they have two options and can´t decided wich one choose.

I would liked much more if they maked an exclusive version with both options, one you can put the Raptor and a diferent Rex head and no banner, and the other without the Raptor and the Banner. And of course, no front logo in any version.

But whatever, if you guys liked this way, ok, no problem.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:06 AM   #137
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I asked P1 if the Raptor is removable from the T Rex, and their response was, ''The Raptor is removable, but Rotunda T Rex cannot display without the Velociraptor''. Not sure what they mean by that....
Old 08-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #138
clutch
Sailor Moon

Means there is probably a big hole that it plugs into.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #139
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Means there is probably a big hole that it plugs into.
Yes, so not helpful to those that don't want the raptor, won't be possible without customizing it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #140
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Or the Raptor might have magnets that allow it to stick to the T Rex, so when you remove it, they'll be no visible holes on the T Rex....