let's see some pics
HICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #132
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

My kit will be here tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsoldier View Post
Got mine today. Pretty impressive. The sculpt is extremely sharp and accurate (I'm comparing it to my lifesize HCG figure). Casting is top notch - probably can get him paint ready in about 2 hours. My only comPlaint is the size - it is about the same size as the Hot toys big chap. Not a true 1:5 - probably about 1:6. Also, the elbows are missing the spike, though this might be a variation on the suit. Not sure.

Overall, extremely nice. That said, it will be dwarfed by my Cinemaquette and Poseidon Young's big chap.
Do you have that kit on hand? How are the castings? Are they clean? The warrior I got from him was really rough and took a sht ton of work to clean.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #133
alienhelm
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsoldier View Post
Got mine today. Pretty impressive. The sculpt is extremely sharp and accurate (I'm comparing it to my lifesize HCG figure). Casting is top notch - probably can get him paint ready in about 2 hours. My only comPlaint is the size - it is about the same size as the Hot toys big chap. Not a true 1:5 - probably about 1:6. Also, the elbows are missing the spike, though this might be a variation on the suit. Not sure.

Overall, extremely nice. That said, it will be dwarfed by my Cinemaquette and Poseidon Young's big chap.

Congrads skullsloldier ... excited to see some pics. how was the packaging of item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I haven't seen a piece that's "true" to the scale for a good while. Especially the 1/6s.
alienhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #134
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Castings are a 9/10. Mild mold lines with a few minor sprues. All parts are keyed. Cast in grey resin. The dome is resin, not vac. The base includes a decal for the name Plate. As to packaging, it was superb. No breaks. The box actually comes sealed.

My Poseidon pieces are perfectly cast. No lines. A few bubbles.
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #135
Darth Pain

Good to hear that Poe is making better casts.
I'm waiting patiently for my roswell kit today.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #136
Darth Pain

Just got my kit. Everything looks great except the dome doesn't fit like I thought it would and the pattern under the dome will need to be painted on. I figured the dome would be a harder material. This dome is very flexable and larger than it should be.
I'm worried about this. Since I've never worked with clear resin.
I might either have a pro do it or sell the kit and get a special edition.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #137
alienhelm
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Just got my kit. Everything looks great except the dome doesn't fit like I thought it would and the pattern under the dome will need to be painted on. I figured the dome would be a harder material. This dome is very flexable and larger than it should be.
I'm worried about this. Since I've never worked with clear resin.
I might either have a pro do it or sell the kit and get a special edition.
Congrads on your delivery ... very quick shipping which is awesome because I cannot wait to get the special.

Post some pics if you can ...
alienhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #138
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

do you like it more then your CM DP?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #139
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
do you like it more then your CM DP?
I know I'm not DP, but I can say that it probably exceeds the CM in terms of accuracy and sculptural quality, but the CM has a real presence. The Rosswell is just a bit small and therefore can't compete. That said, my collection is pretty huge with allot of lifesize pieces. If the Rosswell is your centerpiece, it's going to be a real jewel; I just can't see it competing with my CM or my lifesize HCG figure due to scale.
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #140
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

yea, I was thinking that even though the Sano is the most accurate, the CM defn has presence and it's also signed by Giger himself. I have the CM and I have a LED light by the base and at night when it's on, looks right out of the movie. I know DP has a lot of big stuff as well. It's weird though, the same guys that say the bigger CM Pred is better then the smaller SS maquette (even though the SS one is way more accurate), yet those same people say the smaller Sano piece is better then the bigger CM piece. They completely contradict themselves.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote