Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #131
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujwa View Post
I own the civil war collection with the extras at the end and loved it. i didn't know there were several other collections. now the avengers collection, is that the same issue that would be in the new avengers hc's? i own those as well. and from your pics we have our shelves almost identicle.

i've eyed up that eternals omni and regret not getting it back in 08. i was going to order eternals and silver surfer omni but then went for both fantastic four and hulk ones.
Yep the Avengers collects the New Avengers issues as a part of the HC, the ternals Omni is out of print right? I was at the con, and stumbled upon it for thirty bucks!! I was stunned!! Snatched it up quick smart!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #132
kujwa
Justice League

yea $30 is a steal. just looked at amazon and $150 for used. it looks like amazon has all those civil wars so you might have just helped rob my wallet of $100.
kujwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #133
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
yea $30 is a steal. just looked at amazon and $150 for used. it looks like amazon has all those civil wars so you might have just helped rob my wallet of $100.
Yikes, I figured I got a deal, but that's awesome!

I'd say sorry mate, but I figure if you like what you've read so far, you'll be happy
Old 07-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #134
kujwa
Justice League

oh definately. and if you don't like the eternals i'll be generous and pay you double what you paid for it. no seriously i will

i've been trying to stock up on the omni. i picked up the jms thor, thor vol 1, kirby cap, cap lives and cap omni with the garney cover when tales of wonder had their sale. also amazon uk had a sale on judge dredd case files so i picked up several. those are nice but they NEED to keep their spines in order. seems like every other volume they use different font so when on the shelf they look like ass.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #135
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
oh definately. and if you don't like the eternals i'll be generous and pay you double what you paid for it. no seriously i will

i've been trying to stock up on the omni. i picked up the jms thor, thor vol 1, kirby cap, cap lives and cap omni with the garney cover when tales of wonder had their sale. also amazon uk had a sale on judge dredd case files so i picked up several. those are nice but they NEED to keep their spines in order. seems like every other volume they use different font so when on the shelf they look like ass.
I SO agree with the spine thing. We must be a little OCD, but it just looks so much better....

I'll keep that Eternals offer in mind
Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #136
kujwa
Justice League

I was checking your link to your gallery and saw the dc jim lee art book i think in the pics of your brb pics, how is that?

and if you don't mind me asking, and feel free to decline, what do you do for a living? and are they hiring
Old 07-03-2011, 04:07 AM   #137
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
I was checking your link to your gallery and saw the dc jim lee art book i think in the pics of your brb pics, how is that?

and if you don't mind me asking, and feel free to decline, what do you do for a living? and are they hiring
Wonderful book my friend Only deals with his DC and Wildstorm art, but beautiful oversized splash pages, really great coffee table piece

And I'm a roof tiler by trade
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #138
kujwa
Justice League

i always ment to check that out but for the last 3 years i've worked 3rd shift so when i'm up everything is closed or it's too early for barns noble to be open. i picked up the mythology by alex ross and loved that, just wished it would have been hardcover.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #139
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
i always ment to check that out but for the last 3 years i've worked 3rd shift so when i'm up everything is closed or it's too early for barns noble to be open. i picked up the mythology by alex ross and loved that, just wished it would have been hardcover.
Nice! I've been meaning to pick up the DC Adam Hughes book also
Old 07-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #140
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I'm a sucker for completion so I got them all
So am I, but I drew the line at the Avengers Civil War tome. I don't want to spend some substantial dough and space for a book where 18 out of the 20 issues therein I already have collected elsewhere in a hardcover. Except for The Invincible Iron Man (IV) # 014 and Civil War: Fallen Son Daily Bugle Special, everyhing else is also collected in the Brubaker Cap Omnibus, New Avengers OHCs and Ms. Marvel Premieres.

I don't mind some overlapping, but that's just silly.

In that respect, I'm also considering whether I should buy the new Siege OHC, since I already own the New Avengers and Dark Avengers stuff in their respective HC books.

Quote:
I SO agree with the spine thing. We must be a little OCD, but it just looks so much better....
I think most of us collectors are quite OCD. Wouldn't you like the spine on your 'Best of Spider-Man Vol 1' to match the rest of them? I know I would!

Quote:
Nice! I've been meaning to pick up the DC Adam Hughes book also
Oooh, you should definitely pick it up. I think it's on its second print now, but don't try your luck. It's a gorgeous book, and I'm not even a DC guy, but the Catwoman covers are worth the admission price alone.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote