Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #131
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Man, I was just looking over the blog again, and I am still as incredibly impressed as I was the first time I saw it, maybe more. The flesh seems to live and breathe with its exeptional anatomy, even without paint. I believe this piece will be my favorite piece ever. Not among my favorites, but my absolute favorite. It is unbelievably amazing!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #132
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

CURSE THE SHE DOG WELPS THAT DON'T BUY THIS STATUE!
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #133
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinisterOfFire View Post
CURSE THE SHE DOG WELPS THAT DON'T BUY THIS STATUE!
LOL!!!!!!best post on the forum yet!!!!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #134
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Man, I was just looking over the blog again, and I am still as incredibly impressed as I was the first time I saw it, maybe more. The flesh seems to live and breathe with its exeptional anatomy, even without paint. I believe this piece will be my favorite piece ever. Not among my favorites, but my absolute favorite. It is unbelievably amazing!
when it come muscular detail and preety much anything else clay is in a league of his own,just when you think wow he CAN NOT top that,he does it again and even better,i cant imagine how he's going to top this!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #135
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
when it come muscular detail and preety much anything else clay is in a league of his own,just when you think wow he CAN NOT top that,he does it again and even better,i cant imagine how he's going to top this!
I'm certain he will be topping even this masterpiece. He's not yet reached a plateau from the proof, and doubtfully ever will. He continues to advance in his mastery and keeps impressing us ever further. Hell, I'd reckon he impresses even himself at times.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #136
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I'm certain he will be topping even this masterpiece. He's not yet reached a plateau from the proof, and doubtfully ever will. He continues to advance in his mastery and keeps impressing us ever further. Hell, I'd reckon he impresses even himself at times.
What a goof-up. When I met him, I should have asked what's in store over the coming months/years.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #137
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
What a goof-up. When I met him, I should have asked what's in store over the coming months/years.
I think he is going to do 3 or 4 more Frazetta Conan's. I wonder which ones? My biggest hope would be "Destroyer" but it would have a similar base problem to this one, there are a lot of guys that would need to be sculpted in to a proper base. I haven't seen anywhere if he has said which others he would be doing, but I would love to know. I wonder if there is any chance that any will duplicate previous statues, such as ReelArts "Snow Giants". Selfishly I hope not, I would hate to have to buy two versions (and I would).
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #138
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Well, we already know of a few projects in the making, like Dark Ivory, the new Magdelena, and I've heard that he's to do an Angelus statue. As for anything else, I'd also like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think he is going to do 3 or 4 more Frazetta Conan's. I wonder which ones? My biggest hope would be "Destroyer" but it would have a similar base problem to this one, there are a lot of guys that would need to be sculpted in to a proper base. I haven't seen anywhere if he has said which others he would be doing, but I would love to know. I wonder if there is any chance that any will duplicate previous statues, such as ReelArts "Snow Giants". Selfishly I hope not, I would hate to have to buy two versions (and I would).
As many Conan's as he'd like to make is perfectly fine with me. Destroyer would definitely be a righteous piece. But, there are so many figures in that painting, I think that the translation into statuary would be a pretty darn rough one. Of course, the solution for such a quandary could be to cut out the figures, just like with the Conqueror. I'd like to see it, for sure.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #139
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

More Conans would be a blessing from Clay...I've always wanted to see a Fire Demon...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	79_fire_demon.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	43075  
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #140
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinisterOfFire View Post
More Conans would be a blessing from Clay...I've always wanted to see a Fire Demon...
I love that painting too, but some problems (or at least challenges) would be that a lot of that painting is made by the background. With a statue or sculpture unless you are going to include an orange or fiery backdrop, the demon and his pose would loose a lot of context IMO. Also you would have to completely invent a face and the front part of the demon as they are not shown in the painting.

On the plus side, it would most likely be much easier licensing wise, probably only having to get the OK from Frazetta.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote