VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Sweet
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #132
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Frankly we could speculate all day long, but we just don't know the terms and conditions of Sideshow's Sucker Punch license with Warner Bros. It could extend to other characters, but who knows?

If Sideshow does have the license to produce multiple characters, they would do wise to watch the sales of oher Sucker Punch merchandise. It is not surprising the that the first two GG statues, GG minibusts and Hot Toys figures were Baby Doll and Amber. Cute blonde in skimpy sailor schoolgirl outfit would would sell in both the East and the West. Amber being the only Asian character was expected to do well especially in Asia. I think the big surprise is how well Sweet Pea is doing. We'll have to see if the current shortage of Sweet Pea is do better than expected demand or a split shipment. Amber was hard to find at first and now it is still available in some places. So with that said, if Sideshow does another, they should seriously think about doing Sweet Pea next.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #133
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Does anyone know if the pre-production version of Rocket looks better in person? I'm not sold on the likeness. I would love to own a statue of Rocket too. I might get this one if I can get a big discount. I wish they sculpted her with the submachine gun since that is what she uses the majority of the time.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #134
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Does anyone know if the pre-production version of Rocket looks better in person? I'm not sold on the likeness. I would love to own a statue of Rocket too. I might get this one if I can get a big discount. I wish they sculpted her with the submachine gun since that is what she uses the majority of the time.
Ya they should have gone with the submachine gun. I dont know why they didnt... its what they originally had.

and I dont really care for the jet pack either... she doesnt even use the flintlock in the futuristic jetpack scene.

Im prob gonna cancel my Rocket Pre-order, and just pick her up cheap like Amber. Those 2 will be the only ones you will be able to do that with.

How sweet would that be if they did a split Es with Rocket (like BabyDoll) 500 machine gun / 600 FlintLock... Maybe if enough ppl wanted the submachine gun we could convince GG
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #135
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I remember when a lot of people were talking about Sweet Pea, how it was just okay and they did not order one and at the time I said that it was as good if not better than the other two and now people are going crazy trying to find one for a good price because they think it is their favorite....

I have not seen Rocket yet in person but do not be fooled with the photos out there. Some of my friends saw it in person and they loved it. I think it will kick ass and Blondie might be, in my opinion, the star of the bunch.....

Just a thought...

Cheers

Bear
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #136
travis
A.I.M.

I dont have em...but I think this was maybe the finest statue line looks wise ever made...grats to all that complete this line
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #137
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Preordered mine today from an ebay seller I trust. SP in the mail, bring on the rest
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #138
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I remember when a lot of people were talking about Sweet Pea, how it was just okay and they did not order one and at the time I said that it was as good if not better than the other two and now people are going crazy trying to find one for a good price because they think it is their favorite....

I have not seen Rocket yet in person but do not be fooled with the photos out there. Some of my friends saw it in person and they loved it. I think it will kick ass and Blondie might be, in my opinion, the star of the bunch.....

Just a thought...

Cheers

Bear
Y'know Bear, you're right. I was not interested in SP or Rocket and despite having BD and Amber I wasn't going to get the sisters until I saw the in-hand pics of SP and wanted her. I was already to pay $100 over retail but was thankfully able to get her less than what GG was offering on their site, and with free shipping. Beautiful statue! Can't wait for Rocket and Blondie now.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #139
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Rocket is back up for pre-order @ TFAW for $200. Great deal IMO and if Sweet Pea is any indication this will probably be the cheapest pre-order price you'll be able to find on this piece.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #140
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Thanks again for the pics mate.

Is it me, or is there a touch of Elen Degeneres in there
That's funny. She does look a little butch. She was a decent character in the movie. Not as good as Sweet Pea. But I will be carrying some of it when it comes out.

-Wei
Sexy Drawings | Sexy Statues
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote