Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #131
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I have no doubts Sony will follow Microsoft's lead in killing the used game market. They've all been trying to snuff it for years now. Eventually they'll attempt to eliminate physical copies altogether. The days of owning and having the games you purchased in hand are almost gone.

The film industry is trying to do the same thing with physical media. Thankfully in that realm audio/videophiles aren't having it because the quality of streaming content simply can't compete.
Not to mention you don't get the little added bonuses like commentary and deleted scenes on digital files
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #132
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Pertaining to the second hand games, I have a bad feeling they might.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-games-block/
Oh boy it seems like, well you know what? I say ok, but how about u lower cost's of the Fu%^*kin games then?

This all come back to fat ceo salaries and greedy boards of directors.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #133
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This all really annoys me, as I will quite happily drop a bomb on a game I love if its a special edition that comes with extra bits,but with Microsoft and Sony's attitude of going all digital, this will take a LOT of the enjoyment out of it for me.

And the gall of Microsoft still expecting people to buy downloadable content for 360games like Injustice, when they know that neither the games nor the extras can be transferred to the new console is rage-making...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #134
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Now they are saying you can buy a used game but have to pay $15 to activate it. So if a used game is $40 and $15 to activate just buy a new one for $50.
Wow....absolutely ridiculous! This money hunger companies pisses me off. I just read the Sony post too. I will not support either of them due to theses restrictions.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #135
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Pertaining to the second hand games, I have a bad feeling they might.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-games-block/
Quote:
I have no doubts Sony will follow Microsoft's lead in killing the used game market. They've all been trying to snuff it for years now. Eventually they'll attempt to eliminate physical copies altogether. The days of owning and having the games you purchased in hand are almost gone.

The film industry is trying to do the same thing with physical media. Thankfully in that realm audio/videophiles aren't having it because the quality of streaming content simply can't compete.

You guys do realize Sony has already officially announced the PS4 will play used games, right?
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #136
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
You guys do realize Sony has already officially announced the PS4 will play used games, right?
No, but thats because I don't game on Sony machines. My post wasn't so much about the PS4 as it was the future of gaming. If Microsoft goes through with the used game thing I expect Sony to follow at some point.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #137
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

At some point like others said there will be no more discs at all, all digital.

So they will then get us with storage, cause the one article i read is the xbox one has only one HD and it can not be changed and is made for xbx only. So you cant just go buy any old HD, have to buy xbx one expandable HDs to it.

As of now you can walk into a store, pick up a HD, load some drivers on it and upgrade a 360 cheaper then buying a official HD for your system.

So they want to put a stop to that as well.

So if you are a gamer and like what they are showing off, can expect to drop $1,000.00 by the time you get a system, games, controllers, head sets, expandable HDs etc.. in the first few months.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #138
biglebowski9999

Quote:
No, but thats because I don't game on Sony machines. My post wasn't so much about the PS4 as it was the future of gaming. If Microsoft goes through with the used game thing I expect Sony to follow at some point.
Well, people said Sony would follow suit regarding charging for online play and yet here we are...still playing online for free. I don't know the plans down the road, but considering they have confirmed the PS4 will be used game friendly, the best you can say is maybe Sony might follow suit in the VERY DISTANT future with the PS5.

This is going to be a back-breaker for MS and there's no other way to say it. They are sealing their own fate and only the most hardcore MS fans will put up with something this ridiculous.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #139
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

used games wont die even if they make the discs themselves obsolete and only sell the games as downloads only.
which will eventually be the way things are going to be. its just a matter of time. same way with DVDs and CDs. and i would say it will happen sooner rather than later.

but there will always be a market for the people who will want to collect the old used stuff. just like people who collect Atari and Intellivison console and games.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #140
Luminous
Cyclops

Kinect 2 might be used as a visual form of DRM? WTF?!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...use-visual-drm
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote