Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-19-2017, 06:01 AM   #131
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Stunning. Down hair portrait for the win! I think it will look great with the fan or parasol.

The eyes need some work on both portraits. Especially on the geisha look. I don't understand what's going on there....they are almost puffy.
I think those are just her eyelids looks like her eyes are half closed.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #132
Hiken No Ace
Frackin!

Hi guys, my first post here

Hope my english won't be too bad as i'm French, and frenchies are well known for their english skills ^^

Poison Ivy really is amazing ! I'll buy her for sure.

But there are 2 things i think can be improved imo.

First, it would be nice to display the fan in her left hand instead of her right (maybe it will need to lower her left hand a little compare to the flower). So we can can have both the umbrella and the fan at the same time.

I really want to display her in 100% japanese mode with the geisha head too ^^

And then, the concept was amazing with the japanese zen garden base, the base would also be bigger than now and look better displayed next to batman and the overall statue would be way more beautiful i than she already is think.

Anyway she's truly beautiful. Can't wait to see what they did with Joker, and Harley and Bane are looking so nice too.
Hiken No Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #133
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiken No Ace View Post
First, it would be nice to display the fan in her left hand instead of her right (maybe it will need to lower her left hand a little compare to the flower). So we can can have both the umbrella and the fan at the same time.

Anyway she's truly beautiful. Can't wait to see what they did with Joker, and Harley and Bane are looking so nice too.
Kind of agree here. I think the second pose is a bit weird..

like she's shrugging
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #134
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post

like she's shrugging
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+1
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #135
risingstar
Jedi Order

These Asian Bat-world pieces are really starting to grow on me.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #136
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
These Asian Bat-world pieces are really starting to grow on me.
This is the piece that sold me. I'm even more eager to see people's completed setups for this line than the Sinister Six and can't wait to see how XM's Harley (which needs work in comparison) compliments this Ivy. I think their attitudes get the character dynamic between the two perfectly if nothing else.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #137
Hiken No Ace
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
This is the piece that sold me. I'm even more eager to see people's completed setups for this line than the Sinister Six and can't wait to see how XM's Harley compliments this Ivy.

Oh yeah, the girls from this line will be so beautiful displayed together. Except Catwoman, that is looking good, but i can't see that japanese touch enough :/
Hiken No Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #138
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post

like she's shrugging
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't get a shrugging vibe from it, but I do prefer how she's holding both the fan and the umbrella in the concept art.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #139
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiken No Ace View Post

Oh yeah, the girls from this line will be so beautiful displayed together. Except Catwoman, that is looking good, but i can't see that japanese touch enough :/
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Catwoman and she's the most represented character in my collection, if not my favorite in comics. It will undoubtedly turn out beautifully, but it doesn't fit thematically (or space-wise in my collection. That bike!)

The Joker oni behind Harley is the main thing I hope XM fixes/removes (and maybe give her something lengthier to lean on than the bat--like her mallet--so the pose isn't as forced.) I think she'd look best posed in front of Ivy or Yakuza Joker, making that backdrop obstructive, if not repetitive in the latter's case.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:56 AM   #140
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I don't get a shrugging vibe from it, but I do prefer how she's holding both the fan and the umbrella in the concept art.

Hmmm....that middle mask at the near bottom is very much a re-hash of David Mack's Scarab of the Kabuki comic book series and sculpted by CS Moore... Just a change of color and even though there is an added stripes on the cheeks it also resemble the ones of those like Tyger Lily of the Noh Assassins... This is a draft style right or is it an appropriation of the style of Kabuki comics??

iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote