Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #131
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Maybe its wishful thinking but i feel SS's gonna follow through this time completing lines, they seem to be pumping out alot characters.
I do find it a bit odd, though, that in the X-Men collection video, most of the time is spent on Wolverine and Magneto, but then the tease is of 5 different females. Are Wolvie and Mags the only males they're going to do?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #132
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Here's a better pic for you (courtesy of Frayhor). With this one you don't have to guess as much.

Looks like they're stretching their creative limits with the new Psylocke pose. Wonder if half of them will have X-bases for old times sake.

TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #133
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Deep down, you already know that's not happening. Because....sideshow gonna be sideshow.
Yea ...and I don't understand that thinking. Do they know how popular the X-Men are?

I get the perception that SSC does know how popular the X-Men are, yet they don't use that to their advantage.

If you change that X-Ladies line up ...and you put up Beast, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Angel ...then you'd see all of us X-Men fans get excited just the same. Hell, even more I think.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #134
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Looks like they're stretching their creative limits with the new Psylocke pose. Wonder if half of them will have X-bases for old times sake.
I hope not.

My thought on the bases really depends on if these are all part of the same line as Magneto and Wolverine. If they are, expect them to be on Sentinel themed bases, as they stated in a previous video they took an entire Sentinel apart for the bases on their upcoming X-Men pieces.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #135
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Nah, cuz I have an alternative.

But, you bring up a good point (or maybe I made this up in my head). A bunch of these ladies are also being done by the competitor, so for a lot of us, it will give us the chance to see both versions and pick the better one.

For example, maybe I can stick with XM for Emma since she'll not have fabric, but as for Mystique, I can see Sideshow doing her in all sculpt, as she would look ridiculously stupid in a white fabric dress, so I could potentially skip the XM Mystique and save some money.
XM could also do a very different Emma. Perhaps vintage Hellfire to match that Lee era look. Or they could make her modern to go with Magneto.

As for XM Mystique -- that dumb lower half pose alone is enough to make me skip. Lordy, I haven't hated a pose so much in a LONG time.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #136
Demona
Martian Manhunter

All they have to do is make sure the statue is primed properly and that would be all the "creative" change they need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #137
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Nah, cuz I have an alternative.

But, you bring up a good point (or maybe I made this up in my head). A bunch of these ladies are also being done by the competitor, so for a lot of us, it will give us the chance to see both versions and pick the better one.

For example, maybe I can stick with XM for Emma since she'll not have fabric, but as for Mystique, I can see Sideshow doing her in all sculpt, as she would look ridiculously stupid in a white fabric dress, so I could potentially skip the XM Mystique and save some money.
So if SS emma looks better than XM emma would you still pick XM emma over SS’s do to mix media?

Quote:
I do find it a bit odd, though, that in the X-Men collection video, most of the time is spent on Wolverine and Magneto, but then the tease is of 5 different females. Are Wolvie and Mags the only males they're going to do?
Hope there’ll atleast be 3 more, personally i’d like to see beast and a fully sculpted jim lee sabertooth the most, though i could see them doing cyclops next.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #138
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Did anyone catch what they say about coming next? I can’t make it out.

Looks like X-23, Psylocke, Domino, Jean Grey? Can’t make out the far left.
Rogue?
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #139
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
So if SS emma looks better than XM emma would you still pick XM emma over SS’s do to mix media?
Eh, can't really blanket answer that right now. It all depends on various factors.

1. How much of a difference is there. Is the Sideshow gorgeous while the XM is butt-ugly? Then I would make an exception. However, that will likely not be the case if you've seen their recent females (Dark Phoenix, Storm, Ivy, Catwoman).

2. How much of a price difference is there? Latest Sideshow PFs have been $570-575 (Wolvie, Cap, Black Widow, Daredevil). By the time Emma is up she could suddenly be a maquette for $750

3. How well made does the cape look. I own or previously owned every single Emma piece Sideshow has done, except the dio. The comiquette has a stunning body, but an awful face. The JSC PF had a super cheap looking white vinyl cape that was a nightmare to get looking just OK (and that face ). The Hellfire PF (preying mantis) had a white cloth cape with no wiring, so it was a pain in the ass as well. Not to mention, white fabric is quite literally the absolute hardest choice to keep clean and dirt free.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #140
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
XM could also do a very different Emma. Perhaps vintage Hellfire to match that Lee era look. Or they could make her modern to go with Magneto.

As for XM Mystique -- that dumb lower half pose alone is enough to make me skip. Lordy, I haven't hated a pose so much in a LONG time.
Yeah, I know you hate her pose. It doesn't bother me at all, but I am happy I will have two Mystique white-dress choices to pick from. With Mystique, a big part of my decision will be based on her skin color. I hated how dark the comiquette was painted (even her hair was too dark) so if either version ends up like the comiquette, that will be the one I pass on.