Old 04-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #131
SHANE MCNAMARA
Fantastic Four

Wuhans on lock down the rest of China's back up again apparently
SHANE MCNAMARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:50 PM   #132
Demona
Lex Luthor

Mars - IMO if you can't (responsibly) afford the statue now because you need to save for all of those things, you won't be able to (responsibly) afford it in the future.

The world isn't on hold for some people. And I can't help everybody, but I just bought two new piece of OA which cost more than this statue - so an artist will get a little more cash that they wouldn't have because the convention season is shot. And I'm not the only person dropping cash on art, lots of people are buying. Just look at the crazy amazing prices Jim Lee charity sketches are going for!

the world isn't ending and this is just a PO. XM is keeping things moving and more power to them.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #133
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
They need to bring in revenue so they can pay their employees. If you can keep your business open during this time then you will! Are you still employed?

No, not at the current moment with the lockdown in place, plus also they are saying the lockdown may last as long as 6 months here in Australia. Without a stable income coming in I need to dip into my savings if I choose to continue purchasing this XM products.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #134
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Mars - IMO if you can't (responsibly) afford the statue now because you need to save for all of those things, you won't be able to (responsibly) afford it in the future.

The world isn't on hold for some people. And I can't help everybody, but I just bought two new piece of OA which cost more than this statue - so an artist will get a little more cash that they wouldn't have because the convention season is shot. And I'm not the only person dropping cash on art, lots of people are buying. Just look at the crazy amazing prices Jim Lee charity sketches are going for!

the world isn't ending and this is just a PO. XM is keeping things moving and more power to them.

Demona yes I can afford it at the moment (read above post)

And you are right the world is not on hold for everyone. Business does obviously have to keep moving but there is a price to be paid, you've got many loyal customers around the world who at the moment are currently not able to purchase non-essential items.

Demona, good to hear that you've just bought two new OA which cost more than this statue, I am happy for you.

Demona I'd like to ask U, how many statues since the 2019 Singapore convention have you purchased or put on pre-order ???

I can confidently say I have put on pre-order or purchased (delivered) at least 15-20 (lost count), the bulk of those would be XM but there are others in there. So I am trying my bit to keep these companies and the guy at the online statue stores afloat and continue doing business.

My original comment was that if companies could hold back on pre-orders or not put four or five in the space of a month in the middle of this epidemic crisis. Hopefully within the next 3 to 6 months this will all blow over and life can go back to normal. Remember we are all in this together.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #135
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I’m in total agreement! I’m also one of those that taking advantage of open commission lists because of canceled cons. I’m still careful spending but these chances don’t come up often . Jim Lee anything if sells for big bucks

I don’t think companies should hold back at all. Just don’t buy what you can’t afford or pick and choose . I highly doubt anyone needs every piece that comes out anyways . If you do then that’s another issue altogether . I’ve got 7 POs this year . All were ordered in last two years so I’m eager yet cautious .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:10 AM   #136
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m in total agreement! I’m also one of those that taking advantage of open commission lists because of canceled cons. I’m still careful spending but these chances don’t come up often . Jim Lee anything if sells for big bucks

Just clarify things here this conversation on this XM modern Thor thread has got nothing to do about original art by artist and supporting them on this time of crisis and yeah if you want to bring that up yes I totally agree I also purchased some items from an artist and took advantage of, as you said because of the convention cancelled
Old 04-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #137
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok so back to that ridiculous statement on companies holding back POs that’s actually laughable
Old 04-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #138
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

It even looks good from that angle.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #139
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s an awesome shot . This has to be up high no doubt

The way they did his armour and the paint apps are so stunning .
Old 04-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #140
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PO'd this. Its an incredible statue. The attention to detail is astonishing. The OG Thor from Sideshow, which I had and loved, seems amateurish compared to this one
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote