Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-27-2022, 07:54 PM   #131
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
count yourself WAY out
Yeah, I'd consider selling Transformation... we'll see how this turns out.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:05 PM   #132
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

HULK!!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:58 AM   #133
shooterch
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is going to be the definitive Hulk, and only cements that this is the best Marvel comic line of any scale.

I'm sure that after this one, people with be clamouring to try to find the pieces they missed out on to complete the line.

From the Iron Man teaser, can you imagine the quality of Mr Stark based on the stunning pieces released so far!!!

What a great time to be a Marvel fan and a collector!!!

LBS RULES!!!!
shooterch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #134
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

I wish they would release another Captain America but with a more classic sculpt, for me their version is still a bit too modern compared with their classic Thor, and if IM looks full on classic comic as well then Cap will look more out of place.

Same museum pose but full on classic comic would be a winner.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #135
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterch View Post
This is going to be the definitive Hulk, and only cements that this is the best Marvel comic line of any scale.

What a great time to be a Marvel fan and a collector!!!

LBS RULES!!!!
I honestly think the definitive Hulk already exists. The Transformation tells a story, is beautiful and commanding of attention. Now, that?s not to say that this Hulk will be more detailed, bigger and appeasing to the eye. But IF by some miracle a Gray Hulk version from LBS hits the market, that is the version I will add to my collection. If…
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #136
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I wish they would release another Captain America but with a more classic sculpt, for me their version is still a bit too modern compared with their classic Thor, and if IM looks full on classic comic as well then Cap will look more out of place.

Same museum pose and base but full on classic comic would be a winner.

Totally agree. I very much doubt they will, but I'd love to see them do another one that looks like that.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #137
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
I honestly think the definitive Hulk already exists. The Transformation tells a story, is beautiful and commanding of attention. Now, that?s not to say that this Hulk will be more detailed, bigger and appeasing to the eye. But IF by some miracle a Gray Hulk version from LBS hits the market, that is the version I will add to my collection. If?
Agreed, nothing beats Transformation, licensed or custom (although maybe I'm a "casual fan" for saying that..lol), but these LBS pieces seem to add a lot from the lore of these characters. I am very interested in this piece, especially since it's possible a 1:3 Hulk will still work next to other 1:4 statues.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:59 PM   #138
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I agree the transformation is tops when it comes to being the definitive Hulk ??.. that may change we’ll see
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:41 PM   #139
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
I agree the transformation is tops when it comes to being the definitive Hulk ??.. that may change we?ll see
Is it really the definitive Hulk?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:56 PM   #140
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
I honestly think the definitive Hulk already exists. The Transformation tells a story, is beautiful and commanding of attention. Now, that?s not to say that this Hulk will be more detailed, bigger and appeasing to the eye. But IF by some miracle a Gray Hulk version from LBS hits the market, that is the version I will add to my collection. If?
People always talking about the "Definitive" crack me up. There will always be more ideas and executions and some will be better. And it's subjective to begin with.

I'll just say it: I don't even like Transformation. I had a chance to get it and passed because I just don't care for how it has Banner and Hulk at the same time, and I don't like the Banner pose either which to me seems like he put on his purple leather pants to go to a concert and is in the throes of Beatlemania or something. Also not a big fan of the proportions of the Hulk in it. Not remotely definitive for me.

I passed on Transformation and got Gladiator Hulk, which I think is great for what it is, but I wouldn't call that definitive either. Anyway, will be watching this one very closely. So far so good.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote