Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #1391
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Lol. She doesn’t look old in this haha
The make up doesn't help matters.

And I've always felt that the Emma Frost looks maybe a tad more mature than she should be.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #1392
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The make up doesn't help matters.

And I've always felt that the Emma Frost looks maybe a tad more mature than she should be.
Not very old just mature. Both Emma and rogue imo. In the comics and tv show they both definitely look a bit younger.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:08 AM   #1393
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think rogue looks just as young as mystique does. I think Emma looks older/more mature.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:44 AM   #1394
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hmm... example of younger (not a real statue) =

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:55 AM   #1395
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I prefer this sideshow statue
Old 08-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #1396
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Isn’t rogue like 20-25? Here she’s already 40 plus!!
Actually CBG you’re not far off on how old she probably is.

She was 18 in 1984 when she had this memory flashback side affect from Carol Danvers. Comic book time goes ssssllloooooww.

When I started reading comics as a kid in the 90s I couldn’t quite grasp in the Clone Saga when Peter Parker would say he battled his clone 5 years ago, because the comic being referenced was from the 70s. Roughly 20 years real time, but to the characters it was only 5 years.

Jubilee was 13 in 1989 in UXM #244. A few years ago when she was a vampire the intro pages would say she’s a teenage vampire. The last Wolverine & Jubilee series had her at 17 and I believe she had an 18th birthday since. So 1989 to a few years ago was roughly 5 years, and since then there was a small time jump after Secret Wars and then natural passing of time.

That would translate to Rogue and put her at around 23-25ish.

But it’s comics and things change by the minute and are full of contradictions so she’s as old as what anybody wants her to be.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:22 AM   #1397
savage.CAP

I think everyone in this line is going to be similar in age with minor difference. Like the cartoon or comics in the 90’s, I feel like most of the team was meant to feel like 30. With magneto and professor x being older and jubilee being younger

All that being said. I think all the characters shown so far look reasonably aged in their reveals. I think what people really mean when they say she looks old, is she isn’t a drop dead stunning southern belle like most things make her out to be... to me, this statue looks great. She looks like a tough southern girl I’m all about it. Emma looks like she is attractive yet scowling, perfect. Psylocke, a model, looks like she’s hitting blue steel. Cool. And mystique looks sinister bingo
Old 08-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #1398
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Hmm... example of younger (not a real statue) =

This looks like a bad plastic surgery face. No thanks.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #1399
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yes the face we have hear is better than that one.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #1400
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

To me it seems pretty simple when critiquing a statue, on the Forum. If there is a lot of discussion on a particular aspect of a piece then there is something wrong. Maybe not for all but it seems pretty obvious to me that oh say the new GL PF has an arm issue seeing that there isn’t 10 pages about the portrait or costume or much else other than the the energy construct color, or how it envelopes the arm. Or the Green Arrows PF witch to me seem to be well recieved across the board. Point is that I’ve found it very easy to discern potential problems with a statue by reading every ones posts and extrapolating the usually 2 things most disagree and argue over and determine if there an issue for me personally. So I like all the bickering and infighting here as it provides real insight on statues that I might have missed on my own, so give yourselves a round of applause and get back to the Drama so myself and others can make the best informed decisions we can!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote