Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #1391
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah I got that email form Simple Toys, they're removing everyone from the wait list and giving them this option, basically you have to buy all the current XM statues from them or if you have bought previous statues from them then you only need to buy the ones you haven't bought from them.

That's a HUGE chunk of change in order to get Mag's... That's kind of shady for a big vender to pull something like this....
OMFG that's over $2,000 just to get Magneto and that's not even entire amount that's just counting Cap at full price and the rest just the deposits!!! That's crazy of other retailers to do that, since they know how popular and what a must have collectible Magneto is their exploiting that collectible to move more business and product and it's working! If you have the funds to buy these though I say do it as Magneto alone will reach $2,000-3,000 in probably only a years time....

I don't really like they are doing this but it is what it is and they saw opportunity to make more money quickly and took it! If it was my business I would probably do the same so I can't flame these businesses for doing it as everyone is out to make a quick buck, but damn them for doing this to one of the most must have and greatest Collectibles that we've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
That's a terrible move by Simply Toys. They can do what they want but it's bad PR IMO. To me it's devaluing the other XM statues. I think they'll sell fine on their own. I know moves like this will end up reflecting on XM which is unfortunate.
Yeah but it shouldn't XM-STUDIOS allotted (x amount) of product to other companies and e-retailers and whatever they do with them after xm studios gives them to them is their bag now!

Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Ya Simple Toys are sticking it to the collectors. They have people sign up for a waiting list and then say "" Hey guess what we have Magneto statues but we want to bend you over in order for you to get one ""

Yeah simple toys is looking really classy at the moment and makes me made because you all that out magneto wait list technically would of had one without the bundle nonsense once they knew how hot they were they exploited the system in their favor not caring how that would effect the true collectors here who wanted one! I wouldn't support business that do this though! They do this nice why wouldn't they do it again down road!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #1392
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Simplytoys posted on SSF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyToys View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Ann and I am from Simply Toys joining the forum for the first time. I understand from a customer I should look at this page and perhaps clear some air and hear our side of the story.

We have been allocated a small quantity given by XM before we or our retailers were even given a chance to order. So how do we allocate the quantities for our retailers and for the collectors? We took the total quantity of items ordered for the first 4 statues and allocated to retailers according to how many pieces of the initial items they have ordered - pretty much how XM allocated the number of Magnetos to us. In all fairness, it is not right for us to give a retailer who have not ordered any other XM studio items in the past to want 30 pieces of the Magneto or someone who has ordered 1 of each of the other items and want 50pcs Magneto. So we allocated fairly according to past orders - any 3 pieces of the older items for 1 Magneto has been allocated to all the retailers + coins. There were just a couple of pieces left over from the allocation and to be fair to XM, we pushed sales of their older releases that are not already sold out by getting retailers to order more pieces of older items to get a Magneto. So retailers who are complaining about having confirmed sales cancelled, please take note, you have submitted your unrealistic orders but there is no way we can supply. Many retailers even ordered quantities higher than what we have been allocated. Unless all 800pieces are allocated to us, there is no way we can supply to all retailers and customers.

At our retail end, we sold out all our retail pieces of Magneto within 2 hours from the time we put up on the website for preorder. Just a few days ago, XM released the list of items that will be released for preorder over the next few months. Our mailbox has been flooded with customers asking if they can order Wolverine, or even have a standing order for future orders and some even suggested they wanted to get EVERY SINGLE XM item released however is sad that there will not be any Magneto for them to get the complete collection without paying extra for the statue on the secondary market.

Now everyone must be curious how we still have "extra pieces" when we have sold out all and even created a waitlist as we were told by XM we will only get more pieces if other retailers choose not to take their full allocation. There are 5 pieces we have dug out - we kept 3 pieces of this Magneto to be displayed at 3 of our retail stores in Singapore. There are also 2 pieces kept for the bosses. Some of you probably have received an email from us that we have introduced the subscription list as well as indicate the items you are interested in ordering from the list of upcoming XM studios items. Since there are requests for customers to get the whole collection, we have decided to give up these 5 pieces to sell at RETAIL LESS 10% discount less 7% tax for overseas customers. We can definitely sell 2-3 times the present value for one Magneto many months down the road, but we choose to sell them to collectors who can't sleep because they cannot complete their collection.

I apologise on behalf of Simply Toys if we have offended anyone, but it is never our intention to have done this. I guess it might have been better if we just kept the 5 pieces for display purposes rather than getting so much negativity from members of this forum.

We can be reached at cs@simplytoys.com.sg. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will hang around for the next hour to answer any question

Regards,
Ann Goh
Simply Toys LLP
So, only 5 bundles with Mags for sale? 5 big time collectors out there?
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #1393
bigb888
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Why not just give those 5 pieces to the first 5 people on the waitlist?
bigb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #1394
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Apparently they got a lot of request from collectors willing to buy all future XM statues and they decided to cater to them as they are willing to drop some big bucks and include their private stock of Mags to the first five to do it.

That being said, I still think peeps on the waitlist will not be cool with this.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1395
ICEBERG
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb888 View Post
Bingo... But at the end it's all about the $$$$$$..
ICEBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #1396
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb888 View Post
Why give to any random joe, when you can promote the brand and reward loyalty. They could easily making more selling Magneto alone at mark up than all the XM statues combine at retail discount. If I run a business, that's how I would run it to, someone who buys the whole line gets priority.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1397
wanderlai
The Tick

5 Magneto's, that's it? All this mess they created for 5?? Even to get the 5 they had to take away their bosses and their stores display...yikes. should have just filled the waitlist. All the other XM statues will sell regardless. Credit to ST for responding and explaining their decision though.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #1398
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Why give to any random joe, when you can promote the brand and reward loyalty. They could easily making more selling Magneto alone at mark up than all the XM statues combine at retail discount. If I run a business, that's how I would run it to, someone who buys the whole line gets priority.
then why have a waitlist in the first place? They are trying to make more $$ at the expense of their reputation. I know they lost a few grands worth of business from me, and it looks like I am not the only one.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #1399
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
then why have a waitlist in the first place? They are trying to make more $$ at the expense of their reputation. I know they lost a few grands worth of business from me, and it looks like I am not the only one.
Well I am sure what's happening now isn't original intend. The waitlist is probably just their default system. The way they came up with to sell these "additional inventory" is probably something they come up with after receiving hundreds of emails and many folks asking to buy the whole line.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #1400
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Thank God I decided to pass on this statue. Just too much bull---- to go through to acquire it.

If the other XM's are going to be this tough, I'll continue to give my money to PCS and Hot Toys.

Sure Sideshow will produce one, but it's going to hit or miss just like everything else.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote