Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #1401
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascarade View Post
I hope the ex is a time machine so i can go back in time and give cbg's dad a condom.
That comment is so borderline . . . . . but I'm gonna allow it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #1402
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Lol, I like the Shredder com. Classic pose designed after Kevin Eastman. Doesn't get any better than Eastman TMNT art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The Shredder statue is pretty much comic perfect.
It probably is ,but sales talk. They should have had a smaller run.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:32 AM   #1403
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
That comment is so borderline . . . . . but I'm gonna allow it
I'm gonna allow you to allow it.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #1404
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I'm gonna allow you to allow it.
Get back to Espressobeans you
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:38 AM   #1405
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Get back to Espressobeans you
Lol!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:14 AM   #1406
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Spoke with Sideshow at NYCC about the TMNT line. Whoever I was talking to didn't seem to know all that much, but from what she said there's nothing going on regarding expanding this line past the Turtles right now due to the lack of popularity with the Shredder and Mouser comiquettes.
Well that's disappointing.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:03 AM   #1407
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Lol, I like the Shredder com. Classic pose designed after Kevin Eastman. Doesn't get any better than Eastman TMNT art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The Shredder statue is pretty much comic perfect.
Exactly. A suitable statue yet I remember plenty of people crapping on it because it wasn't the cartoon version seemingly most are familiar with. That's the "problem" (i.e. not a real problem) with TMNT, most people are more familiar with the various media versions (including the ever popular 1st cartoon) and know little to nothing about the original source material, the comics.

Quote:
Spoke with Sideshow at NYCC about the TMNT line. Whoever I was talking to didn't seem to know all that much, but from what she said there's nothing going on regarding expanding this line past the Turtles right now due to the lack of popularity with the Shredder and Mouser comiquettes.
I can see that being the case but it's bad decision making. Shredder doesnt lack popularity because it was Shredder, but because the masses didn't want that particular sculpt and many didn't understand that particular costume, the original comic costume. Many wanted what they were familiar with, which is the typical cartoon depiction.

Most don't care about comic based/source material accuracy, they just want cool. Closest comparison, I think Skeletor proves that. An original take on Shredder closer to the old cartoon's stylings (give the people the cape over a grey/purple costume) but updated and detailed to go with these turtles would probably do much better. A bad ass Splinter, Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady probably would as well if they can get away with selling characters of similar or lesser status and/or popularity like Evil Lynn and Cheetah.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #1408
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Youre all wrong. Theres nothing wrong with the shredder comiquette. The problem is its difficult to find a proper position to pose him in with the rest of the turtles. He doesn't fit in on a single shelf with them. He looks pretty boring alone and by himself on a shelf, even with the mousers.

If they made other character companion pieces along with Shredder, footclan members or Splinter even, then Shredder wouldn't look so out of place. But as a single piece, there's not much for display options. And this has been my long time dilemma, and I imagine plenty of others before me, contemplating whether or not to keep him or let him go.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #1409
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascarade View Post
I hope the ex is a time machine so i can go back in time and give cbg's dad a condom.
Savage AF on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Exactly. A suitable statue yet I remember plenty of people crapping on it because it wasn't the cartoon version seemingly most are familiar with. That's the "problem" (i.e. not a real problem) with TMNT, most people are more familiar with the various media versions (including the ever popular 1st cartoon) and know little to nothing about the original source material, the comics.

I can see that being the case but it's bad decision making. Shredder doesnt lack popularity because it was Shredder, but because the masses didn't want that particular sculpt and many didn't understand that particular costume, the original comic costume. Many wanted what they were familiar with, which is the typical cartoon depiction.

Most don't care about comic based/source material accuracy, they just want cool. Closest comparison, I think Skeletor proves that. An original take on Shredder closer to the old cartoon's stylings (give the people the cape over a grey/purple costume) but updated and detailed to go with these turtles would probably do much better. A bad ass Splinter, Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady probably would as well if they can get away with selling characters of similar or lesser status and/or popularity like Evil Lynn and Cheetah.
I hate that some fans of TMNT do not take a step back and check out the comics. Eastman and Laird put so much of the pop culture of that time period into those books through Jokes, locations and other symbols, that it just makes the reading experience so much better than the cartoon ever was.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #1410
SONICobra
Batman

next week

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preview__RaphaelStatueUPDATE-1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	98856  
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote