Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #1411
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
"Missed opportunity" ?!?

The whole piece is a missed opportunity

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #1412
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
"Missed opportunity" ?!?

The whole piece is a missed opportunity

I love it. Overall I'm very impressed with it and love the pose 100X more than the Winston piece. I was never a fan of the earlier piece which is why I never picked it up. To me, the original Winston looked more like the Predator was about to b***h slap someone than slash at them with his blades. The leg position was also very awkward.

I have to admit though that on this recient piece, I'm a bit perplexed why the Sideshow development team moved the highly discussed right thigh armor from the outside position on the prototype, to a position more forward in the final product. No one from Sideshow has bothered to chime in which leads me to believe they would rather not discuss it. This I don't understand, because if it's they're final decision then they shouldn't hide the debate behind a wall of silence. I am just curious if the source material they used is different from what we've seen in this thread or if they moved it for shipping purposes or even something else. I believe someone mentioned somewhere that the leg armor was moved to accommodate the cut n sew. Again, that's something I don't understand and, if true, a decision that has come to bite them in the rear on a few forums.

I also am not put off at all by the bio. The size seems perfect to me as there is a lot of source material that shows the bio as rather large. I will be able to make a better sound judgment once I have him in hand and he is next to Dutch.

Come on HMSpike, you know you want too!!
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #1413
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
As I've posted before, the thigh armour was a call made by someone who does not know the character as well as he thinks, AND/OR, just doesn't care. It's THAT simple.

As for this piece as a whole - people have different tastes and different ideas of what constitutes an acceptable purchase.

For example . . .
  • I've preordered the Wolf LSB whereas you thought $650 was too much for it.
  • You've preordered THIS whereas I thought $650 was too much for it.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #1414
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
As I've posted before, the thigh armour was a call made by someone who does not know the character as well as he thinks, AND/OR, just doesn't care. It's THAT simple.

As for this piece as a whole - people have different tastes and different ideas of what constitutes an acceptable purchase.

For example . . .
  • I've preordered the Wolf LSB whereas you thought $650 was too much for it.
  • You've preordered THIS whereas I thought $650 was too much for it.

It's too bad they don't do "Man with no pants" videos anymore. They were a great way to see the product reviewed and handled to help people make a more informed decision on what they are getting along with an accurate scale.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #1415
Planeswalker

Couple screen grabs from a YouTube video. This piece looks stunning!

Old 12-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #1416
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
It would have been great if the wrist had the counter and small lights on it. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a daunting task as the wrist could have been detached just behind the gauntlet with the switch/ watch battery behind same. Def a missed opportunity with such a pricey piece.
They couldn't 'engineer' all the, pretty basic, lights on a $2,300 Iron Man Statue.

Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #1417
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Exactly--something that was done on a 1/6 figure can't be done in 1/2 scale apparently.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #1418
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Is SS going to revise this piece? The waist area before po? I heard SS was considering it? Is this true or not?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #1419
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The waist area?
99% of critisism was towards the leg armour and unmasked portrait...

Yeah, let's go with the waist area
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #1420
Ranz

I've got this ordered and think they should listen to collectors and change some things bothering collectors ...They will sell more and it's not hard to take criticism on board that is correct ...With it's issues im still excited to be getting it but would love to see this as perfect as possible
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote