Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #1441
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If anyone watched some of the previous live chats, Paul said they will QC King Conan and that they will fix the gold paint on the armor, but I can't believe they will fix this. It's pain in the ass process, they need first to neutralize all black dots with stomach and body color, paint them again and seal everything with varnish
I could live with black dots on the lower jaw, but I didn't expected them on the legs
I will not cancel my order, I've waited for this piece over 20 years, ordered directly from CC, if my piece turns to be bad like this I will repaint it
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #1442
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
If anyone watched some of the previous live chats, Paul said they will QC King Conan and that they will fix the gold paint on the armor, but I can't believe they will fix this. It's pain in the ass process, they need first to neutralize all black dots with stomach and body color, paint them again and seal everything with varnish
I could live with black dots on the lower jaw, but I didn't expected them on the legs
I will not cancel my order, I've waited for this piece over 20 years, ordered directly from CC, if my piece turns to be bad like this I will repaint it
Well not everybody has the skills to repaint nor money,if everybody gets something similar to #330 cool,but judging by the latest pictures that won't be the case.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #1443
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Well not everybody has the skills to repaint nor money,if everybody gets something similar to #330 cool,but judging by the latest pictures that won't be the case.
I know man... I didn't said it's going to be easy for me, but when I've already bite a sh$t, I will eat it to the end
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #1444
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Canceled mine...due to lack of space and interest.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #1445
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Canceled mine...due to lack of space and interest.
I'm not too far behind you. I don't get it the male bust is fantastic ( I even ordered the female ) and both came from the same factory ?
Old 03-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #1446
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think you guys are being way too harsh. I mean, of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't have major issues with this piece. The speckled tongue does suck, but that is the first we have seen it. It is hard to believe that multiple painters with the prototype to reference would make that choice with nothing to push them to do so. Hopefully isolated.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #1447
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I think you guys are being way too harsh. I mean, of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't have major issues with this piece. The speckled tongue does suck, but that is the first we have seen it. It is hard to believe that multiple painters with the prototype to reference would make that choice with nothing to push them to do so. Hopefully isolated.
Not really

This is a copy from Very Museum.

This was posted by Paul 1065

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #1448
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I call BS on the supposed "customers" who have said they canceled their order. Way too much trolling goes on in this forum, maybe that's to be expected, some of you sound like crumuginy old men who just sit around and complain and worry all day. Here's an idea for those who actually have purchased this piece, wait to pass judgment until you have unboxed and inspected your copy, if you're dissatisfied you can ship it back and request a full refund.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #1449
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I call BS on the supposed "customers" who have said they canceled their order. Way too much trolling goes on in this forum, maybe that's to be expected, some of you sound like crumuginy old men who just sit around and complain and worry all day. Here's an idea for those who actually have purchased this piece, wait to pass judgment until you have unboxed and inspected your copy, if you're dissatisfied you can ship it back and request a full refund.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 PM   #1450
Luminous
Cyclops

The term "trolling" is bandied about far too liberally around here. The moment someone voices thoughts, opinions or concerns they are immediately labelled a "troll". How about everyone stop acting like they're better than everyone else for standing on the other side of the aisle.

Everyone has every right to express their concerns as much as they do their enthusiasm. Most of those who are voicing their concerns have done so in a relatively respectful manner. Yes some of it is being repeated, but they have over $500 on the line. That isn't exactly chump change to most. You're not worried about the final product? Good for you. You can come back here and tell everyone how your faith in the product or the company was justified when you hopefully get what you were expecting. I really do hope that turns out to be the case. Otherwise there is simply going to be a lot of disappointment around here.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote